Clear all

Got my first EFX Pedal, a Boss BD-2 :)

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just got my first efx pedal, a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, this week and I'm having fun playing with it.  I'm still very much the guitar beginner and I really don't much about how to use it, but I'm playing around with it.  It's at least fun trying to figure out what it's capable of and it sounds nice than the over-drive channel on my Fender Frontman 25.  I also got it because I heard so many good things about it and I also wanted to get it before Boss discontinued it.  Any thoughts about it would be appreciated.  Talk at ya laters.  8)

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I jammed with a a young guitarist that had one of them. he let me play around with it later in the night I was impressed with the sounds and tones I could get from it. If you adjust the gain just right if will give you a great mid-range tone that will sustain like forever when bending notes.

Have fun...joe

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeah.  I been messing around with it to see what settings I like.  I think I have a good sound for it now.  I tend to go for a SRV type of sound and other bluesy sounds.  I just practice my chord strumming right now and mess around with the standard blues scale.  I really don't know how to play well enough to really get its full potential but I like it so far.  I really should stop playing with it for a while 'cause my fingers are awful sore.  8)

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think i'm gonna ditch my overdrive for a blues driver.

nice catch, where about u get it from?

new, used?

Chalmodo

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got it new from a Guitar Center.  Shop around because you can get a better price than I did.  I know I over-paid a bit for it.  But I was there and I decided to take the plunge and I knew that if I didn't get it now I'd never get it.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You made a good choice. I came up with great sounds with it for the little bit of time I spent with it. I have concidered getting one to run from the Instrument out on my tube pre-amp, right now I run just a delay from there into a tube guitar amp. I run five outs from the pre-amp. Sound comes from everywhere..lol

Thinking the Blues Driver would give it something more when the delay was on.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I don't even have a tube amp and I like it.  If I had the money I think I'd get a Bluesbreaker combo but who's got that kinda scratch to shell out for an amp if you're really not gigging or using it in a studio.  When I'm a rich lawyer I'll get one, but for now my Fender Frontman has to last a while.

ReplyQuote