how to get a good tone for a lead guitar on dynachord mixer

79 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
18.4 K Views
(@shaneantonio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i have only used EV amps so far which give a head room of 30db.

i m not so experienced as you guys are . i m just doing what i have learnt and been learning from a pro sound engineer . who makes amps and designs sound system for clubs, discos concerts etc.

the equiment i use for my band is

Dynacord 1600 cms - 16 channel mixer for my live band (6pc), dyna cord power mate 600 for my sequence band set up ( duo,trio)

CP 2200 Ev AMPS x 2
Ac one crossover EV two way
T252 EV - 800 watts at 4ohms x 2
kw Eliminator EV - 1000 watts x 2

my amps gives 800watts at 4 ohms

so my amps are always driven full for my shows.

never had any kind of distortion. my sound is alwys clean and appreciated by the audience . people are on the dance floor from my set 1 .

dnt knw y my teacher told me to drive my amps full in this condition( using an EV 2200 with T252 EV speaker ) if he himself is a sound engineer and very experienced in sound setups using line array n stuff. for outdoor concerts.

he has recommended me what equipment to go for and how to use it. hence i m following what he is teaching me and would definetly follow his advice on how to go abt things.

guess you guys are right in your way abt amps . so we better move on to a new topic

ReplyQuote
(@shaneantonio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hey guys,

howz u doing?

no one has come back to me on the power amp in the mixer

for ex. in a powered mixer say 700 watts at 4 ohms.

how is the amp driven inside a powered mixer ?

the amp inside is driven full

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Shane

Yes and no.

The amp is always producing 100% power. The attenuator simply adjusts the amp's sensitivity to the input signal.

You can't seem to grasp this.

It is like this. Turn on your guitar amp and crank it to max. But turn your guitar all the way down. The amp is cranking 100%, but it is not receiving an input signal= No sound.

Now turn your guitar up. Have you changed the amp? NOPE. But now it is receiving a strong input signal from your guitar= SOUND.

I own a powered mixer. I do not crank the Master Mains or Monitors to anywhere near max. Don't need to. I make sure I am getting a strong signal from each mic or instrument. I rarely have to turn the Master to even 1/2 to get plenty of good clean volume.

We can keep on arguing forever. I have shown several pages from manufacturers or professional sound people that all say the same thing. You have not presented one bit of evidence for your method other than to say that your teacher does this.

You say you have lots of experience. Then why do you ask how to mic a guitar or drums?

Especially if you have a teacher who could tell you (heck, he could come to your show and show you) how to do it?

Your story has lots of holes in it.

I am beginning to believe you come on here simply to argue. What? not enough trouble in the world already?

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@shaneantonio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thats funny wes,

check with a sound engineer .

n knw exactly whats happenin in the powered mix . ps dnt assume things.

this is my last msg on this forum

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6