Clear all

i just picked up an acoustic amp off ebay

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

a troubadour tb25h. it's a dual channel acoustic guitar/mic combo amp. 25 watts should be plenty for coffee houses, which there are plenty of in oregon. i really need to get out there and make a little money playing for myself, instead of playing 3 songs through some nasty smelling mic and problematic pa at open mics. finally doing this is such a weight off.

the reviews all say it's a great amp and has a nice warm tone. i paid less than 100 usd including shipping, and although it looks like it's taken its share of abuse, hopefully it's all cosmetic, which is, you know, mojo.

i've been buying all sorts of used equipment this year. i bought a pv classic 30, a hamer w/p90s, a loop station, a phaser, a couple mics, the fretless bass i got last fall, and now this, all second hand. i've saved a ton, but i still feel like i'm burning a hole in my pocket. it's just shocking to think about how much stuff i've bought.

i like buying instruments second hand. you can get so much more for your money than with new stuff. plus you can pick up some really cool vintage stuff for cheap if you're patient. i make an exception for harmonicas, of course. but, for instance, i have a boss ds-1, which is really a piece of junk, and i'm considering a new fuzz or overdrive box, but i might just get a keeley mod for the boss, which i very well might like better.

(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Hey good for you. So those coffee houses don't have little PA rigs; you gotta bring your own? I suppose that makes sense; those acoustic guitar bangers destroy gear so often ... :roll:

I totally agree with you on buying 2nd hand. Saves a ton of dough.

(With one exception: the "Fender Friday" deals at MF have been incredible.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

some places do, some don't. some that do have awful rigs and mics that smell like nastiness.

ReplyQuote