Clear all

is the dsl100 a good amp

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I am thinking about buying a MARSHALL  JCM2000 DSL100 and i was wondering what your guys thoughts are on the amp like does it sound alot better than most amps is it durable ect. thanx for your time

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Eruption2- I really don't know anything about this particular Marshall amp, but I am a big fan of Marshall.

Since no one answered, I would go on Music 123,  American Musical Supply,  or ZZounds, and read the reviews there. I read these all the time, and you can learn a lot.

I think Marshall's sound great, but that's me. They are good quality, but I think Fender's are built better. Totally different sound though.

What kind of music do you play?

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

i play 70's and 80's classic and hard rock like led zeppelin, kiss, ac/dc, ozzy, black sabbath, van halen, guns and roses, deep purple, jimi hendrix, cream ect.

ReplyQuote
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

I think the TSL would be better for you because you get a clean channel, an overdrive "crunch" channel, and an overdrive "lead" channel. It gives you much more versatility by switching channels as opposed to making adjustments to the settings.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

thanx for answering my question but i have a pedal that produces a clean channel and i am preety used to that sound so it doesnt matter if i have a clean channel or not which one is better for the distortion and tone

ReplyQuote
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

I would go to your local shop and play through the amp as well as any others you can find. As far as durability, I doubt you'd have any problems with it. I'm still partial to the TSL, but that's just my opinion. Don't forget your guitar and pup's will make a big difference in the sound of your amp as well.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Eruption2- I went on those sites I suggested and read the reviews. They were excellent. Everyone seemed to love this amp. So I'm sure you would be very happy with it.

There was also the DSL50 which is just the 50 Watt model. It also had great reviews.

Now, this is just my opinion, but if you are not playing out in front of LARGE crowds in LARGE venues, you would probably find the 50 Watt version better. You'll be able to crank it up more. The problem with 100 Watt amps and more is they are TOO powerful. You really can't crank them up at home or small clubs. Tube amps need to be turned up a bit to sound their best. I have a 50W Marshall and a 40W Fender. I play out regular in clubs that hold as much as 300 people. Both of these amps are plenty loud. I RARELY have to turn Master Volume over half way. I don't think people realize just how loud these amps are. That is just my opinion.

I'm sure you would be very happy with this amp. It matches perfectly with the styles of music you like. When you get it, write back and tell us about it.

Rock On-  Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

i got the marshal dsl100 and 1960a cab it kicks ass i wheeled it out side today and turned it up to 5 and scared all my neigbors shitless!

ReplyQuote