WHOEVER INVENTED DRUMS SHUD DIE

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@twins)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

LOL , ok the title was kinda a joke.... lol

just when my band practices in this 7 x 3 metre room we practice in the drums are always way to loud..... , BUT its not really the volume of my amp thats the problem its just cutting thru everything that is. I have a marshall mg100 cab and head and a tom delonge squier and i always seem to be a little in the background. are there any general tips on how to cut thru everything a bit better !?
and secondly , recording , If I have a guitar tone that I love thru my amp if Im going to record are there any things I should do to my tone Ive found for my amp , like...recorded it doesnt sound exactly the same shud it so .. do I boost the treble a bit , lower the mids ? anything like that ?
CASPER XX

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Don't worry, whoever invented drums is long dead already.  Maybe you could teach the drummer to play a little quieter.  It can be done (playing quietly that is, I'm not sure about teaching drummers).

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

our drummer got little pads to put on his drums so as to muffle them a bit for his birthday... but as a cheaper option you could try breaking his fingers :-p

now seriousely try an e.q. pedal or a compressor.. i found the same problem wit hmy squire guitar but ive solved it through "fiddling" (the technical term :-)) gd luck

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Don't cut your mids is all I got to say.  Your mids are more important than you may think.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

That's very true.  Low mids can also decieve you into thinking your playing more quietly than you are, so you turn up and cause ear damage.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

put a bunch of rags on the drums and a pillow or 2 in the bass drum.  you can probabyl put some cloth on the cymbals too.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote