Notifications
Clear all

Line 6 Spider II....opinions

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@nicholas)
Topic starter  

i'm joining a punk band, i'm thinking of getting that amp....i have a pod so i know it doesn't matter what amp i have...but i was wondering if anybody has it and what u think about it. if necessary any other amp suggestions? don't want to spend more than $300us. i think this amp looks good, 75 watt 12 inch speaker

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I never liked it. I am a great fan of modeling, so when I went looking for a new (I was on the same budget) I tried the Line6 SpiderII and Behringer V-ampire first. Both were really dissapointing. It's not that they don't sound like what they're supposed to model (in Behringer's case, Line6 doesn't even pretend to sound like it), it's just that they simply don't sound good at all. Cold, lifeless, plastic, real nasty stuff. I ended up with a Behringer GMX212, which sounds much better on its own, and sound great using my V-amp2 as pre-amp (which is what annoys me most, the V-ampire should have sounded like my combo :()

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas)
Topic starter  

i think i might buy a crate...i know how they sound

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

I would say that it would be far better to get a "normal" amp if you already have a Pod. Get something with a good basic tone, then add to that with the pod or whatever other effects you have. Crates are good, you might want to look at Peaveys, and maybe Laney.

Personally, I agree with Arjen, digital amps tend to sound lifeless and distincley lacking in character.

Peter

ReplyQuote