3 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Which one would you guys go with?
Marshall tubed amp?
or a Peavey 5150 II amp?

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

(@stock28)
Estimable Member

I would go with the Marshall tube amp simply because I like the tone of them. A lot will depend on what type of music you play and the guitar you use. The best way to tell for yourself would be to find both in a shop a play through them with your guitar. I'm sure you'll get an equal number of people that will recommend each one. The only way to know what's right for you is to test them. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Marshall's I can speak for and some of the older peavey tube amps. But then when a company has to use a guitarist name in order to get sales, makes me think.

It really comes down to trying different one's out and putting them through the moves, by moves I mean different amp setting clean to overdrive saturation and everything in between.

For my dry side a few selected pieces of rack mount equipment, (line conditioner, Eq, tube preamp, effects processor, power amp), 2x12 speaker cabinet. For the wet side a small low watt all tube guitar amp run into output saturation and a attenuator, then two mikes the guitar amp.

Sometimes less is more. sure is easier to tote around and set up. ENVISION what you want to sound like. Then make it happen.

Joe

ReplyQuote