Clear all

Musicians Friend is OK in my book!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I bought a low end PA package from them. (Yes, people advised me to just add a new power amp to my existing setup but that still remains an alternative option.) Here is what I got. A Phonic powered mixer, 220 watts per chanel (X 2) with built in EQ and effects. A pair if budget speakers, 15" woofers with horns, a cheap mic with speaker and mic cables. All for $399. The mixer alone is $329, the sperkers $149 a piece. The package is a good deal. They were giving away a set of speaker stands with this package. The offer was not there when I ordered mine. The offer is back. I was a little ticked. I sent Musicians Friend an E-Mail and my strands are on the way. No questions asked, no problems. I think that is good service.

The speakers aren't quite as good as my Peaveys, less efficient, less loud but they are wedges and can be used as monitors. So far the mixer is working well, sounds good and with running 4 speaker cabs I am getting the 220 watts from each chanel for a total of 440. Along with my little 100 watt Peavey PA head (For my small monitor wedges) that is enough power for a small room which is all we have around here anyways. It sounds great in our practice space.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sweet! Always nice to hear good customer service stories. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote