Clear all

Old Traynor service in SW PA?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Okay, now that I've tried to answer some questions, hopefully somewhat intellengently, and reading this particular forum, I realize that I'm going to need some help with my Traynor Mark III! It just died on me and started making a ringing noise and being that the only thing I've done to it was probabily putting the wrong tubes in it. (6L6's VS. 6CA7's in the power section), never ever having it biased, original Mallory caps, playing loud,etc,etc... Does anybody know anyone in the Greater Pittsburgh area who I can take this to? Shipping is kinda out of the question because this monster weighs close to a hundred pounds! I really like this amp when it's running good because it does have that 60's and 70's kind of breakup. I'm not afraid of doing my own work and I am used to working around KV power, I also know my way around large caps and do know how to work safely around this kind of stuff but I just don't know enough about the specifics of tube amp operation, just enough to be dangerous! So if any body can help I'd be grateful. Thanks!!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, I simply typed in guitar repair fallston pa and got two hits.

Brighton Music Center
(724) 843-9380
1015 3rd Ave
New Brighton, PA 15066

Ford Music Store
(724) 266-2788
212 College Park Dr
Coraopolis, PA 15108

Cross Street:
Near Colony West Dr

I would give them a call. They probably have a local tech that can repair your amp.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Wes, Brighton Music is less than a quarter mile away and I'm REALLY familiar with them, good shop but they can't help me. The other place I'll try, I've never heard of them but we'll see. Funny, they are not in the local phone book, and me being not the swiftest rabbit in this warren when it comes to the computer,..... :oops: I'll let you know! Thanks!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote