(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the info TR

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey TR probably should have asked this earlier but will I need to make any mods to the EPI LP to put this in or will it fit in the same slot aas the stock pickup?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It should fit right in. Replacement pickups usually come with their own mounting screws so you might ant to use those instead of the ones currently in the Epiphone. The pickup rings should be a standard size.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

OK it came Friday afternoon and I started the job Friday night and then finished it Saturday morning. Just cuz I was lazy and didn't want to finish it Friday.

This is the second one I have changed and it's really very simple even a cave man can do it. The worst part is restringing the guitar I hate it.

But replacing the pickup was a snap, put it back together and viola it even worked. Can't say it was a gigantic improvement but absolutely it was a noticable improvement. I still have to play around and see if I can find the sweet spot to adjust the height. Ended up with a toothache out of nowhere and it kept me from wanting to plug in and play.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

OK looking for recommendations on pickups for an Epiphone Les Paul. I've come to the conclusion that the stock ones are crap. the sound is so muddy it's unbearable to listen to.

Anyone have any suggestions, looking for ones that will fit as is I don't want to have to make any mods to get them to fit.

GFS. These are absolutely the best "bang-for-the-buck" pickups out there.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Humbucker-Sized-Guitar-Pickups_c_26.html

Oops. Little late there . . .

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Yes, GFS is the best bang for the buck but having a couple of Epiphone Les Pauls I know that they come with pickups that already sound as good as the GFS ones. (I have GFS on my Agile AL2500) In my estimation, and opinion, the Gibson pickups are about 10% better sounding and the best I own. (Got a couple od Gibsons too) So that includes the Duncans on my Kramer Standard Pro which are a JB and a Pearly Gates as well, I like the Gibsons better. I think just like with guitars, to get that 10% better you gotta pay disproportionately.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2