Clear all

Review for Crate GTX15

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone know where i can find reviews for the crate GTX15 amp?

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I looked for some reviews on this amp. I found nothing on Harmony Central. I did find one each on Music 123, Zzounds, and American Musical Supply but they really didn't go into much depth. If this amp is a new model, it may take a few weeks or months before better reviews are available.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Their great amps as long you don't push them to hard. I've have a couple of them I was asked to put them through the moves a few years ago. They will push a 4x12 cabinet just fine. As long as you don't run it past 8 on the master. They work best when used with multi-effects floor pedal, like a Zoom 505 or digitech RP50. The built in overdrive was just a bit thin sounding for my personal choice.

When run with a multi-effects pedal with the Amp set on a clean setting they will get some with the best of them. I've had many ask me how I could get an amp like that to sound like that. I'll admit mostly its from the way I play, then theres how I have the multi-effect pedal tweaked and how the amp is set, combined with the speakers used.

Hope this helped.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Joe,
Do you remember which speakers you liked with the Crates?
Eric

ReplyQuote