Clear all

Setting up Two Mixers?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@themick7)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Is it possible to run a powered mixer head with a non-powered mixer? What I am trying to do is run my mains through a unpowered mixer with my monitors through the powered mixer. The reason why I am trying to do this is because the powered mixer will run my monitors and is all we need, but my mains need more juice, so I am looking at buying a amp for the mains, but trying to use the powered mixer for the monitors. Therefore, I would not have to purchase two amps to run my mains and monitors.

Thanks for your time.

(@leear)
Honorable Member

yea its possible quite easy actually.. come out of your aux mains on the mixer into either some inputs on the mastering sectino of the powered mixer or into two channels leaving the EQ flat.

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@themick7)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info, so on the powered just put all of the eq's flat. This will not hurt the equipment by any means correct? By the way, my mains are 4 OHM and my Monitors are 8 Ohm, will this make a difference in this setup?

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Alternately, you can take advantage of the EQ on your powered mixer, as you'll want to limit the highs and lows here. If your unpowered mixer has a sub-bus output, that might be the best place to send to the powered mixer.

I usually end up drawing a picture with circles and arrows and paragraphs on the back. 8)

ReplyQuote