Clear all

SS 30watt to fender Bassman cab

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have a Crate FXT30 SS and it's got a 1/4 external speaker connection in the rear above the speaker.

can I hook my fender cab from my 50 watt 67 bassman to it without damaging anything?

I like the sound of the Jensen's.
I already tried it for a couple of minutes at low volume and it seemed to be OK but before I push it or hook up any effects I thought i better run it by you guys.

btw, I have no idea about ohms & such :oops: so if that is an issue here please go into as much detail as possible to explain what i need to learn or know.

#4491....

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

The Crate puts out 30 watts max.
The Bassman cab can handle 50W.

There shouldn't be any impedance issues.
The Crate's speaker is probably 8 ohms (but I'd be shocked if it couldn't handle a 4 ohm speaker happily), and the bassman cab is probably also 8 ohms (it's a 4 speaker cab, right?)

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

2x12" jenson speakers,

thanks, thats what i thought also. i'm sure after doing some more research that they have to be 8 ohms

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It's nice if the impedance matches but most solid state stuff will handle from 4 to 16 ohms without issue. I believe you need to be a little more particular with tube stuff. My Epi VJ Head has 3 outputs for 4, 8 & 16ohms respectively and the Marshalls I used to have had a switch to select and match the impedance to the speaker cab. Any solid state stuff I have owned the manuals all said 4 to 16 range was OK.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote