Clear all

Small Tube Amps

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@g3ordy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks again guys for all of the input. I looked at what everyone had to say. For what I intend to do with the amp and my PODxt Live, I only needed a small and inexpensive practice amp. I opted for the Fender Frontman 25R. I looked at A LOT of reviews and it seems as though it's the best for what I plan to do which is PRACTICE!!! Again, thanks for the feedback!

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Arjen, a 30 is too many watts for me, the Vox 30 was only a consideration because I can tweak the power output.

I just bought a behringer 15w with an 8" speaker. Has features that can't be beat for 60 bucks. Since I just bought the Tonelab, this is a great trade-off and an upgrade from my 10 watt Marshall with a little 6 1/2" speaker.

The Marshall I got years ago as part of a combo. Turned out I sold the original guitar for what I paid for the whole combo, so the amp turned out to be free. Now I will sell it along with the RP80 to help offset money just spent.

Now I am SET for a while! :D

New toys are kool! :D :D :D

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, 30W is a lot, but since it doesn't have the tube of the Vox it doesn't need a power level control to bring it down. The only reason I suggested that one is because of the speaker and most importantly FX loop. Did you get the GM108 by any chance? If so, great choice. Had it some time ago and it was way above the usual no-budget amps, should do the trick just fine if you keep the pre-amp clean.

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Yes Arjen, the GM108. I just couldn't resist for the price and it is better than what I have now. Gonna have some fun. 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I know a guitarist that use's a rack mounted POD, stereo Eq, stereo all tube power amp, attenuator, and a full stack of 5150 4x12 cabinets. He tours and records with it. It really comes down to what you want and the tone you want to produce.

joe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2