V-amp2 questions

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@markii)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello,
Just got a new V-amp2 today. I noticed on Behringer's web site that there are some downloads for the V-amp2. Does it use a MIDI cable to get the presets in the V-amp2?

Thanks,
Mark

(@forresal)
Eminent Member

I'm a newbie with the V-amp 2 as well. But I'm not sure what you're asking.
The "presets" are already installed in the unit...that is why they're called presets.
If you want to put the downloaded "patches" from the Behringer site onto your V-amp 2 then yes its best to go through the MIDI cable. Generally you will need the cable with the MIDI on one end and a USB connector on the other. They run about $40 from what I've seen online.
You will need to download the editor software also from the Behringer site.

I have yet to get the cable myself. While you will be able to see a pic of the settings of the patches you download, I have found near impossible to manually set the unit to match the pic.

Hope this helps!!
8)

ReplyQuote
(@markii)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey Forresal, Thanks for replying. I guess the reason I thought there were other presets are from this page on the web site http://www.behringer.com/05_support/presets.cfm?View=1&count_from=1&mid=5&Lang=ENG&model_search=V-AMP2 There's a list of about 13 pages of presets after you click on the Vamp2 selection.

Thanks,
Mark

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

That page your referring to are patches other users have made and share.
it shows you visually how to recreate those patches yes?

When I had my VAmp I found that page as well.. some of those patches are good, others not so good.

In order to download into your vamp you'll need a USB to MIDI Cable. Its not that hard to do really.

There are a ton of presets on the V-Amp II.
You have all those banks then 5 patches per bank right? I mean it tooks me weeks to get go through them all..

...then again I am kinda slow.. :wink:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@markii)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yah I've been quite busy with it, Some day I'll try them out. All I've had for the last couple of years is a Roland 15 cube, so the Vamp2 was a nice addition!

Thanks,
Mark

ReplyQuote