Notifications
Clear all

Wah Wah

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

A passive Wah is one that automatically switches off after you quit moving the foot pedal. It also kicks on automatically as soon as you move the foot pedal. So you don't have to worry about that "stomp" on and off.

I have read articles where people complain that a Wah affects their tone even when off. I can not tell much difference. Some people are fanatical
about tone. All I would tell a person like that is to simply adjust their amp with the Wah off to get the tone they want. Of course when you kick the Wah in it's going to affect the tone. That's what it's supposed to do. 8)

This is exactly what I meant. lol I have a horrible way of explaning things!

Anywho, Wes is right. I have tried to see if my Crybaby effects my tone while it is off. And to tell you the truth I think it does. But like Wes said, you would have to be a fanatic about tone to really notice (or care for that matter).

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Dan -- Most wah's use a variable gain feedback stage to create a Miller effect multiplication of a loading capacitance. Varying the amount of feedback changes the Miller effect capacitance across a resonant parallel tank or over coupled LPF (big ripple). State variable filter versions and twin-T topologies exist, but are "less popular."

-Greg

Jeez, I actually almost remember most of what you're saying. :? I remember using Miller cap circuits to make big caps on small ICs. And I used to be good at using state-variable filters for crossovers.

Must... stop... writing... code...

-Laz

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, got my wah pedal :)

CAn't wait for tomorrow to crank it up.... Ofcourse, first thing I did, was left the house for 6 hours, with my amp on standby, forgetting that the wah was connected..haha.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I have no idea how long a battery could run continuous, but I would guess you could get at least 30 hours out of it. Seems like I've seen that number on other devices before.

I don't know about others, but I always buy the best batteries possible. I like Duracell.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2