Notifications
Clear all

*What Is this guy using?* It's awesome!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@koolguy338)
Topic starter  

Here is a link to a song that has the sound I would like... It's got a stupid violin at first but stick with it it gets awesome...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xjJXT0C0X4&search=canon

Well, I went out and bought a distortion pedal "Metal Zone MT-2" by Boss. My amp that I'm using is a Peavey Rage 158...I know I know...it's small...

Anyway, I can easily get a metal sound but I have trouble getting a really strong rock sound...

Nearly every note toward the bottom of my guitar neck sounds weird. I have changed the strings and it's definately in tune. I am bit of a newbie at this, but I can see that I can't get the right "sound" to come out of the amp. I need some info on how I can get this wicked awesome sound please. Listen to when it gets fast and you'll see what I mean! :twisted:

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! :lol:

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

For starters you'll have to boost your highs that's the knob that comes after the lows and mids, you'll also have to use alot of vibrato for sustain. After that I'm lost maybe Joe will chime in?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

One reply I saw about that clip suggested "some kind of synth."

BTW, the Guitar Pro tab for "Canon Rock" is on MySongBook.com, if you haven't already discovered that.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

One effect that he is using in certain sections is a soft attack - it takes away the hard bite of the pick and leaves a sound more like a violin (listen to the first few seconds of his guitar playing). Other than that, it sounds like bridge pickup and a fair amount of overdrive, possibly even a treble booster as well.

If anyone has any further replies to this, please post here:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23981&highlight=

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote