Clear all

hello and Gracias!

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@silvertone)
Topic starter

Hey all-
Just joined today. Native Texan now back in Austin after wandering around for 30 years. I started playing guitar in 1966. Played around south Texas through the late '70s then took the more traveled path. I'm now starting on the second part of life doing what I love, teaching guitar to beginners, both kids and adults.

As many of you probably know knowing how to play and knowing how to teach aren't both one in the same. That's where the Gracias comes in. I've been reading the lessons and articles posted and they've been very useful in helping me pass along whatever I've learned through the years.

Seems to be a great community here. Thanks for letting me hang.

silvertone

Posted : 05/07/2006 1:45 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Silvertone! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

I'm a Texan, too! I live up near D/FW, but went to school in Austin in the '70's. Love that city! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 05/07/2006 2:35 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!! I'm from Oklahoma but hopefully you wont hold THAT against me. :lol:

See you around

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/07/2006 9:21 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome Silvertone!

It's great that you are passing along your knowledge. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/07/2006 10:36 am
(@silvertone)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcomes.

Elektrablue-
I first lived in Austin from '75 to '80. It's not too far a stretch of the imagination to think that we might have run into each other back then. Antones. Soap Creek. Rome Inn. The Armadillo. "The Great Progressive Country Scare?" Magical time to see some guitar playing.

Dan-
It's proving a bit hard to establish a full-time business here. There are incredible players on every corner and a lot of them are vying for students. It can be frustrating but then you get the 15 y.o. girl who says her favorite bands are The Rolling Stones and Jefferson Airplane and things look much more promising.

Geoo-
How can I hold that against you when Oklahoma gave us The Master of Space and Time?

y'all take it easy-

silvertone

Posted : 05/07/2006 12:27 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Geoo-
How can I hold that against you when Oklahoma gave us The Master of Space and Time?

:shock: Yer telling me that GOD comes from Oklahoma? I did not know this but it does make perfect sense. LOL :lol: Just teasin. I'm the local joker here at GN.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/07/2006 12:35 pm