Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Utah

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@hendricdk)
Topic starter

Just wanted to say Hi after I got around to joining. I have really enjoyed the lessions. My guitar background: I started playing as a pre-teen back in the sixties. Learned a lot of easy tunes as the lead player and singer. Sold everything off after an early marriage and family. (19 yrs old). Always kicked myself for selling everything. I bought myself a new guitar at 54 yrs old to learn again as well as help grand kids who got their guitars for Christmas. I have been able to pickup a lot that I did know but I would like to learn to play better and understand what I am doing. This site has been the most helpful of any I have run across.

Posted : 09/01/2008 1:42 am
(@elderberry)
Eminent Member

It's always good to see folks come back to this beautiful instrument we all know and love.

What kind of guitar are you relearning on?

What kinda style do you most fancy playing?

I don't mean to interrogate, just curious.

King Harvest has surely come.

Posted : 09/01/2008 1:57 am
(@hendricdk)
Topic starter

My own guitar is just a Fender Squier Strat. I got just to see if I was still interested. I am now playing a Ibanez (Gibson Standard) and a Epiphone (Gibson Fender) that a good friend loaned to me to try out. I am looking for a Les Paul style guitar. I like the way they feel.

Posted : 09/01/2008 2:07 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your stay!
Cheers :)

Posted : 09/01/2008 11:24 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 09/01/2008 11:51 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:44 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Hendricdk! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/01/2008 2:11 pm
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise

Tim

Posted : 19/01/2008 8:30 pm