Notifications
Clear all

Howdy from Texas!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@pants)
Topic starter

My name is Matt and I live just North of Houston Texas.

I have been trying to learn to play guitar off and on for a number of years. I feel like I improve every time I pick the thing up...but only in miniscule steps. Is a light bulb going to go off one day? I think I suffer from a lack of natural rhythm, but I am not discouraged...sometimes it's about the journey not the destination.

I have a Fender Acoustic Model F-210 (that is basically all the information I have been able to find about this guitar, other than it was made in Asia sometime in the 80's) The guitar was given to me by a friend after I made an off-hand remark that I wanted to learn to play.

I am currently looking for an electric guitar, I am considering a Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE that a co-worker is selling, looks like I could get it for about $150 less than a new one. I would welcome any comments anyone has about this guitar.

So far I have found lots of great information on this web-site/forums list. Seems like sometimes you have to be told something 3 different ways before if finally clicks...and I already had a couple of those moments where something clicked.

I would also be interested in finding people in my area to practice with, as I feel this may be a big step to getting in the groove and over the hump of being afraid to leave the confines of my practice room.

Thanks!
I look forward to continuing my guitar journey as a part of the Guitar Noise community
Matt

Posted : 06/01/2009 4:40 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Matt! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/01/2009 8:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 07/01/2009 10:47 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 07/01/2009 11:16 am
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Hi Matt-

Welcome to GN! I live in lake Charles, LA- about 3 hours from you. If you are looking for other folks to play with in the Houston area- I do have a suggestion. There's a place downtown, right off of I-10, called the Last Concert cafe. They have jam sessions every Sunday afternoon. Been there for one of these with a couple I know who frequent the place. I found a very welcoming group of folks, and it would be good for someone of any experience level.

If you're interested PM me and I'll give you details. I don't get to it much myself as I don't live in Houston, but I might be able to put you in touch with my friends.

They also have an open mike on Mondays.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 14/01/2009 5:17 pm