142 Posts
84 Users
4 Likes
113.6 K Views
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Hello Lee and Welcome to the Best Guitar site on the net.  ;D

Aaron

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 18/12/2003 2:54 pm
(@wannabe)
Trusted Member

Hi all,
Name's Brian, I'm 25 and I am addicted to guitar.
Living in Northern Alberta, Canada.  Little town called High Level.  Flying Medivacs for a company up here.

Bought my first guitar, Samick D2N, in april.  Have a roommate whose played for a few years and showed me the basics.  Gotten alot of help from the guitar noise beginners songs.  Great site.
Always wanted to play the guitar and finally got the time to devote to it.  

Well, look forward to chatting with you guys.
Brian

I don't understand, I got the guitar, and the beer, the commercial said I'd be a rock star by now...

the reason we fall is so we can learn how to pick ourselves back up

Posted : 20/12/2003 6:52 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Hey Brian. Welcome. I'll let musenfreund give you the official greeting.  ;)

Glad to have you with us.  ;D

Aaron

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 20/12/2003 6:59 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

On behalf of the other inmates, let me officially welcome you to the Asylum, Brian!  Good to have you here.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/12/2003 3:08 am
(@silvermoon)

Well about time I got up and did this...

H'llo all! I'm Alex (female, thanks, since there's much confusion on that topic) and I'm a 13-year-old songwriter. I don't deem myself a guitar player as of yet because, well, I haven't touched the thing in months (which I *swear* I'm going to change as soon as I get offline). But I write. Songs, poems, stories, fanfiction, everything.

I randomly use British slang, although I was born in New York and have never been anywhere in Europe. I'm the resident insanity between my friends, and usually am on a sugar high, so please excuse any random editing to take out something that mortified me five minutes later in a post.

I love music from 1990s and before, not to say I don't listen to current music (although I tend to watch VH1's music hours more that MTV's). Some of my favorite bands/singers are: Genisis, Letters to Cleo (never heard of 'em? Shame, they're amazing), Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Billy Joel, Pat Benetar, R.E.M., and... ah... *checks ever-growing list* Dashboard Confessional. I also have many songs I love by singers I've never heard many songs from (example- 'Numb' by Linkin Park, 'Hold On' by Good Charlotte, 'Perfect' by Simple Plan, ar... 'Even Angels Fall' by Jessica Riddle... these tend to be more current. What can I say, I love Insomniac Music Theater.)

If you can't tell yet, music and writing are my life, along with books.

I think I've rambled on enough. See you around the boards.

Alex

ADDED IN AN EDIT: I've actually been here a little while, but I kind of fell away for a bit time. I've rediscovered the place now, happily.

Posted : 21/12/2003 11:00 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Welcome back. Welcome back. To the place you always laughed about.

ack! Attack of the Welcome Back Kotter theme song. I gotta get out more.

Seriously, glad you're back Alex.  ;D

Posted : 21/12/2003 11:16 pm
(@hector500)

Hello all and congratulations on a wonderful website.  I just picked up an acoustic guitar in November and am already learning a lot from all of you.  It's good to see all of you who have been playing for awhile share your knowledge.  I listen to just about everything but I like rock, blues and folk.

Posted : 27/12/2003 5:51 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Woohoo another inmate. Welcome Hector.  ;D

Posted : 27/12/2003 8:23 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Hello all and congratulations on a wonderful website.  I just picked up an acoustic guitar in November and am already learning a lot from all of you.  It's good to see all of you who have been playing for awhile share your knowledge.  I listen to just about everything but I like rock, blues and folk.

Hi, Hector!
Welcome to the Madhouse!

-- John Lennon

Posted : 27/12/2003 9:45 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi everyone!

My names Kelsey, I'm 18, and I split my time between 3 cities in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada.  

Santa brought me my guitar this Christmas. (Really, he did, that's what it said on the card... :P)  Its a Yamaha acoustic.  I've wanted to learn how to play for about 3 years, but never did because I didn't want to go into a music store and display my ignorance for all to see.  I guess my parents got tired of listening to me talk about playing.  Now they have to listen to me play and sing instead. :)

Anyway, Guitar Noise is fast becoming my most visited website, you'll be reading lots from me. :)

Happy New Year!

ta, Kelsey

Posted : 31/12/2003 2:01 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Hi Kelsey!

Welcome to the Madhouse of Blues!

-- John Lennon

Posted : 31/12/2003 4:28 am
(@monkeystoe)

Hi everybody, ;D

I absolutely love this web site as I too am a newbie at playing the guitar and found more helfull informative information here than all other places combined so far.

I live in a small town North of Edmonton Alberta, Canada
I have had my guitar for about 7 years and only now picked it up figuring it was time to learn to play.

It's an acoutic guitar make is Seagul not sure if it is a good guitar or not but sounds fine to me.

Looking forward to learning and talking with you all.

MonkeysToe :D

Posted : 31/12/2003 9:00 am
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

It's an acoutic guitar make is Seagul not sure if it is a good guitar or not but sounds fine to me.

MonkeysToe :D

That's the important part right there. If it sounds good and you enjoy it, then it is good.  ;D Welcome to our humble asylum.... ;D

Posted : 31/12/2003 12:42 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Hi,  Kelsey.  Hello, Victor.  Hey, Twisted Fingers, it's cool you keep switching avatars.  Camp is really nice.  

Meine name ist Karl, oder Carlos en espagnol, ou Charles en francais et English.

I speak some other languges than English, I play guitar, bass, learning keyboards, and drums.  I am also trying to figure out how best to record a demo this coming year.  

Welcome all ye new folks!  Have fun and learn lots!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 01/01/2004 2:00 am
(@nebraska)

Hi All,
I've hung around GuitarNoise off and on for quite a while. I think the theory articles, song writing club and song lessons are the best on the 'net.

I've been playing guitar for the last couple of years. It's my first instrument and I had no background musical knowledge, so I've had a lot to learn. Thanks to this and other good sites, I've been able to learn a lot on my own.

I tend to be a little fickle, so I bounce around between trying to play electric blues licks, strum simple songs and play fingerstyle, so I'm not very good at any style!

This year I hope to have more "stick-to-it-iveness" and try to master songs before I move on to something else!

Happy New Year to all.

Posted : 02/01/2004 4:30 pm
Page 5 / 10