Clear all

New to the forum

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@apparition)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi. I just found this forum today and figure I'll give it a go.
I first started learning guitar when I was in Jr high school. I never got any support in regard to my playing so between then till a couple of years ago I never progressed much past basic first position chords. I'm 32 now and still am a novice. A couple years ago I started playing and found that I could motivate myself and started getting better faster. I think a great deal of that has to do with the fact that now I'm older and can concentrate on practicing and learning smaller things and using that to improve to greater effect (if that makes any sense.)

Right now I play an old sigma dreadnought acoustic. It's not the most fancy guitar out there but it does what I need it to do quite well. I also have a learner electric (the kind you get in an $80 startup kit) that was given to me but I never play it. I'd rather play acoustic. The style I play..or am learning to play..is hard rock lead guitar. I'm influenced by Slash's music and that is how I would like to play some day, with my own touch of course.

Posted : 22/12/2012 7:23 am
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Welcome to the forum apparition.

I think you'll like it here, it's friendly and helpful.

Slash is a great guitarist so you've set yourself a great goal in aspiring to play in that style.

Posted : 24/12/2012 2:40 pm
(@apparition)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thankyou. I always liked that Slash can play both awsome leads and rhythm, even intermingle them. He doesn't put a line between the two. It's just all guitar playing to him. I'll deffinetly stick around. So far I've found inspiration and learned alot just from reading.

Posted : 29/12/2012 8:19 pm