Newbie from Lancashire

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

hiya

I've recently just taken up the electric guitar - and thought I'd join here as I'm sure I'll be able to pick up lots of really helpful advice :-)

Cheers

Ax

Posted : 04/02/2010 8:21 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Hiya! Welcome to the best guitar forum on the net. If it's advice you want you've come to the right place. ;) Congrats on the electric. Now plug in, crank up and make some noise. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 05/02/2010 1:08 am
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Welcome. You live near me!

This forum seriously helped me start off. And just to say... Once you've started into the world of guitar, your hooked. Very expensive and time consuming hobby, but totally worth it!

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 05/02/2010 8:36 am
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Guys :-)

I'm sure there are loads of good tips I can pick up on here - then I can crank up the volume and produce a decent noise :D

LOL - I didn't expect to find someone so local on here.

Ax

Posted : 05/02/2010 8:32 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I knew you'd pick up a local, you just say where you're from, that's awesome, and anything's possible here. :D

I've never been over there, but its looks like a thousand holes have been filled in since the Beatles wrote the song. :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 07/02/2010 3:56 am
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

:D That's one fab thing about the net, it makes the world seem smaller

Thanks

A

Posted : 07/02/2010 9:41 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Apache! Quite a few of us here from the NW....especially from Liverpool, Manchester and the bits in between!

Hope you have as much fun as I've had here these past six years or so!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/02/2010 12:00 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/02/2010 1:18 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Vic - another local! wow :-)

Posted : 15/02/2010 6:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic - another local! wow :-)

Yes, like I said, there's a few of us Lancastrians here; even though the part of Lancashire in which I was born is now in Cheshire, and the part of Lancashire in which I live is now in Merseyside, I'm still a Lancastrian!!!

BTW, you might want to check out Scrybe's (another lady guitarist, from Childwall in Liverpool, which also used to be in Lancashire!) post in the news, at the top of page two... http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47531&start=15

Up the Red Rose!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/02/2010 2:37 am
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

I was technically born in merseyside, because southport changed to merseyside at the end of 89, beggining of 90, i was born in august of 90, but i'll still stake my lancashire claim!

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 18/02/2010 11:14 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I was technically born in merseyside, because southport changed to merseyside at the end of 89, beggining of 90, i was born in august of 90, but i'll still stake my lancashire claim!

Well at least you were conceived in Lancashire!!!

My mum and dad lived in Africa (Dar-es-Salaam, near Nairobi, in Kenya) for seven years after they got married - came back to England January '57. I was born in June '57.....

Vic

Posted : 18/02/2010 1:23 pm