Clear all

Newbie Old Guy

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rockchalkflyer1968)
Topic starter

Hello:

Took classical lessons at a very young age (thanks, Mom) and didn't stick with it very long. Decided that at the age of 55 that I needed something new to keep my mind sharp, so here I am. Been messing with it just a tad for three or four years and found this site and decided to gather some knowledge from those that know what they are doing, 'cause that ain't me.

I'm an acoustic guy that likes playing, oops, likes attempting to play the music I grew up with, ie, folk and soft rock.

My goal is to play "Classical Gas" all the way through and then I'll quit. So far, I've got the first note down. A bit of a ways to go.

It would be cool to find some people in the KC area that are absolute beginners that are "ego-less" that would want to get together and learn from each other.

Other than that, "Rock Chalk Jayhawks - Go KU!!"

Posted : 13/12/2011 5:55 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi guy (noting you said you were an acoustic guy)! Welcome to the forum, thanks for the intro, hope you enjoy the guitar and make all of your dreams come true. :wink:

And it would be cool if you stick around to contribute and share stories of your progress along the way in this musical path. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 14/12/2011 2:49 pm