Notifications
Clear all

13 - The musical

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

One of the local Schools is putting on this show, this week. First show tonight.

So, ten days before Dress Rehearsal, their guitarist and bassist dropped out due to family commitments. The School got on to the Music Services people in a panic, and they e-mailed all of us on their guitar teacher list. The show director used to be Head of Music at one of my peripatetic schools.

Guess who took up the challenge? And I even got the Bass supremo from the Cambridge Guitar Orchestra to step up to the plate.

The music turned up Wednesday. Band rehearsals took place over the weekend with one other guitarist, a drummer who keeps slowing down, me and Martin never having played the music before, and a drama teacher on keyboards who says he's not confident playing to an audience and was also "a bit scared" about me and Martin's reputations.

Full rehearsal yesterday, and the show producer was having to do an phenomenal amount of prompting considering the cast have had the script since November.

So, Dress Rehearsal this afternoon and first show tonight. Wish me luck. Wish me a lot of luck.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 04/04/2011 9:38 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Alan, you don't need luck :D

(Hmmm... Well... Break a leg!)

Posted : 04/04/2011 11:31 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wow, talk about short notice! Sending lots of good vibes your way, Alan - and hopefully we'll be reading a good review tomorrow!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/04/2011 11:35 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

So, ten days before Dress Rehearsal, their guitarist and bassist dropped out due to family commitments.

LOL! Been there, done that - only I didn't get the score until three days before dress rehearsal. It was a blast, even if it was a little scary in spots.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 04/04/2011 12:59 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Sounds like a challenge if ever I heard one!

Lots of luck to all involved!

Posted : 04/04/2011 5:50 pm