Apache

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi,
Just in case anyone wondered where my name came from, it is my horse's name, here is a few pics of us:-

Apache

Posted : 21/07/2010 9:36 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Maybe you should work up a medley of "Apache" and "Wild Horses?"

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/07/2010 9:44 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

How beautiful. Very nice! :D I really like the name Apache. Couldn't be better.

You must be familiar with Clint Eastwood's "Pale Rider'. I like it. It refers to the Apocalypse somehow.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 21/07/2010 9:46 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Beautiful horse! :D

I'd love riding horses. Learn to ride is an activity in my TODO list... in fact there are lots of activities in my TODO list but the day has only 24 hours... Today I was thinking about my retirement but I have to wait many years.

Posted : 21/07/2010 10:12 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's a sharp looking horse, Apache. Take care of her and have heep loads of fun together, eh? :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 22/07/2010 4:44 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice looking horse. My neighbors are horses. :lol: Actually my neighbors horses are my neighbors, just the other side of my fence. They are percherons and belgians. Not hardly the kind you ride though. I did wonder about the name.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 22/07/2010 5:44 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-rPDwzM9M&feature=related

nice horse. i thought your avatar was named after this great old rock instrumental.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 22/07/2010 10:50 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Funny thing about the Shadows - and, particularly Apache - is that in the studio, Bruce Welch very often played acoustic guitar, but on stage, a Strat. In fact, on that vid, he appears to be playing a Jazzmaster, which he rarely, if ever, played live.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 22/07/2010 3:57 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Congrats! Beautiful horse.
Do you compete or ride for fun?
I watch the show jumping telecasts from Spruce Meadows during the summer. I really enjoy it. One of the few sports where men and women compete on an equal footing. 8)

Don

Posted : 22/07/2010 4:10 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone :D :D

I didn't think I'd know the Shadows track, but of course I recognised it as soon as I heard it :)

I had been thinking that learning to ride was much easier than learning the guitar, but then I thought at least the guitar doesn't bite or kick (well at least not so far anyway!).

I used to compete, but we retired a few years ago, and after 15 years of competing its nice just have them as pets (I've still got Misty my first horse) and just ride when I want too.

So now I've got more time I decided to take up the guitar....

Posted : 22/07/2010 4:59 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I've still got Misty my first horse) and just ride when I want too.

You've been (unknowingly) naming your horses after songs for a while now. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQouJdvB80U

Don

Posted : 22/07/2010 5:10 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

LOL - that was clever of me :D

Posted : 22/07/2010 5:40 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL - that was clever of me :D

Indeed it was; so maybe a medley of "Apache" and "Misty" then? Hey, I'm only trying to give you some interesting ideas for the new guitar.....

Showed the Mrs the pics - she says that's a beautiful dapple grey. She used to ride; dressage and showjumping. She wants to know how big the horse is; she's guessing at 14 hands, whatever the heck that means - she can't explain it to me.

All I know about horses is, one end's dangerous 'cause they have enormous teeth - and the other end's dangerous because they can kick bloody hard, as in the phrase "I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse." In other words, being a complete coward, I've always stayed well away.

Oh, and I know they always fall over if I put money on them - so if you ever want me to jinx a red-hot favourite, ask me to put money on it, you back the horse you fancy, and we'll split the winnings, OK?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/07/2010 10:14 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

That would be a cool. And that's a nice informed comment, with compliments! 8) And I thought the name was from the song, I mean instrumental, too. If anyone wants to look it up, I like Bill Kirchen's version, but they're all good. It's just darn good music, and an even better horse! :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 22/07/2010 10:27 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

That's an awesome looking horse!

But I will say, the guitar will bite eventually....everyone gets bitten :D

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 23/07/2010 3:30 am
Page 1 / 2