Clear all

Apache

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Showed the Mrs the pics - she says that's a beautiful dapple grey. She used to ride; dressage and showjumping. She wants to know how big the horse is; she's guessing at 14 hands, whatever the heck that means - she can't explain it to me.

Thanks - he's just over 15h, and is a pure bred Arabian :-)

LOL - you sound very talented at the jinxing, did it take lots of practice? :mrgreen:

Posted : 23/07/2010 5:36 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I had two short lived relationships with a couple of ladies who had horses. They sensed my apprehention. One did a Lone Ranger on me and off I went. The other just sort of bucked me off. Each of the girls said that it happens and I gotta get back on. forget that! My steelhorses treated me just fine. :P

Very nice looking horse, btw. If you ever got to the mountains here in NC, go on a mountain ride. Those horses climb those mountains and develop some massive hind quarter muscles. It's actually very impressive.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 24/07/2010 4:33 am
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Yep - that thing does happen with horses.... They can be quite highly strung.

NC sounds like a fab place to go for ride :)

Posted : 24/07/2010 9:30 am
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

Wow that CLint Eastwood horse and the horse on your pic look eerily similar, like the kinda white spots on the neck are the same O_O.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 29/07/2010 6:09 am
Page 2 / 2