Back for a while and checking in.

18 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey everybody. Wrote to David H the other day and thought i'd spill my thought on the forums.

Been a while since I have been an active participant here and plan on making a coming back. Particularly interested in the SSG. I haven't written anything in a very VERY long time and truly miss it.

Well, I think since I was last here I lost my long time position at Hertz Car Rental in November. The good news was that they paid my salary until April this year. I got to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my wife, without worries of working. Then in Jan I visited Quito, Ecuador and it was a fantastic experience. So much so, that my wife and i are planning to move there for a year after the kids are growed up. :) Watched some fantastic street performers but in particular were these kids (ages about 11) that play guitar and sang. I was told they were homeless and came to perform each day to make a buck. They were very talented. When my plane hit the ground in Miami, on the return trip, I had a voice mail from a head hunter that wanted to interview me for a new position (doing the same type of work). Perfect timing.

On guitar, I haven't been playing much until very lately. Still remember basic chords and a few songs but I'd like to take another leap in my guitar playing and I know that practice will be key to that.

Well, hoping to meet new friends here and reunite with old ones.

Currently known at Señor Lorenzo Martin
better known as Geoo
born and given the name.. Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 09/07/2009 4:50 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Jim! Long time no see you!

¿Cómo va tu español?

Welcome back!

Posted : 09/07/2009 7:26 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Gracias Nuno. Me español es mas or menos. Voy a graduar en enero con un "degree" pero necesito mas practicar. En Ecuador fui un grande experiencia.

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 09/07/2009 7:45 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome back, Geoo
Looking forward to seeing you on the SSG board . . . there's fun things happening there.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 09/07/2009 9:15 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

JIM! :D

Good to hear from you again. Looking forward to seeing you at the SSG.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 09/07/2009 9:51 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy Jim! Welcome back. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Vaya con Dios. (That's the only Spanish I know. Well except for "¿Dónde está María" But I didn't think that would be appropriate) :oops:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 09/07/2009 11:58 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey Geoo! Welcome back buddy! :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/07/2009 12:58 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Welcome back mate ..
I changed that line from The Eagles ..
You can check out any time you like
But you will never leave ...
:)

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 10/07/2009 2:17 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys. Looking forward to it. Been browsing the ESD for something to learn.

Posted : 10/07/2009 10:23 am
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

There's always something to learn in music :D

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 14/07/2009 6:08 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Jim :D Always good to hear from you. I found my camera so I'll be sending those pics soon. I will be off work most of November and December for a total hip replacement so I should have some time for some musical collaborations :note1: :note2:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 15/07/2009 2:17 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good to hear from you, Jim.

It's been too long.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 16/07/2009 3:28 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome Back !

Posted : 17/07/2009 10:59 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Jim
nice to hear from you again. Ive been a bit of a stranger to GN myself this year concentrating on live stuff. Most of the material we play (the stuff that I wrote that is) has had it origins here in SSG so I still feel a connection to GN even though I am not posting that much.
Look forward to seeing you around the boards

cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 19/07/2009 9:14 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Welcome Back Jim!

:note1: :note1: :note1:

John

My SoundClick Page