Skip to content
CD is now available...

Notifications
Clear all

CD is now available for digital download!!

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well it's not on iTunes just yet, but step one is complete!!!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hempel

And you can preview all the tracks and if you are so inclined, purchase :D :D

Just pretty damn cool to see this come to light from a little side project.

You can also write reviews etc of the music for it, so cool. 8) 8)

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/01/2010 6:20 pm
(@alangreen)

Well done Joe, pleased for ya

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/01/2010 9:55 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Alan! I'm pretty excited about this. Once it's up on all the digital distribution sites like iTunes, Amazon, etc, then I can look at maybe doing some things with it.

I'll be able to promote this at my local Bose store in the coming weeks, I'll be playing there in about 2-3 weeks once the details are hashed out, and can sell my hard copies there, as well as record some video I'm hoping.

Posted : 30/01/2010 4:35 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Joe!

Posted : 30/01/2010 2:39 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

very cool Joe. I am impressed.
you sure have your act together.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 30/01/2010 3:26 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys! Pretty excited....this thing won't do anything, but to have something from a project that turned into kind a monster is cool.

A couple local record shops are at least entertaining the idea of selling the CD as well. I have a meeting with Everybody's Records (a VERY popular record store, especially for indy type music) this week!

Posted : 31/01/2010 1:34 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That's pretty cool Joe!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/02/2010 8:25 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I know Packington's Pound!!! Seriously, props on getting it all organised and staying on top of getting it to the end product and market; a major accomplishment. That's something some of us can be more than a bit lacking in....<Scrybe runs off shamefacedly to record, record, record....>

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 08/02/2010 7:54 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My PC is beginning to irritate me to no end. I sometimes have trouble getting a clear sound form this or Youtube, etc. Got all the stars aligned this morning and was able to sample the samples. It all sounds wonderful. 8) 8)

Speaking of wonderful, just out of curiosity, how much of the .99 cent fee gets sent back toi the song writer? Just curious. I don't do any originals......ever. Tell me, is this a different recording of Wonderful Tonight that you did on hear-hear? I didn't go back and look ...well, hear ..... but it sounded like a new arrangement and maybe different guitar. (Steel vs nylon)

And you've only been at this for what? 2 years or something? Well done and I've always enjoyed your tone. Anyhow, aside from me feeling very under the skill level, I'll make the purchase soon. I blew my entertainment wad on some mic gear this weekend. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:56 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey thanks guys!
Speaking of wonderful, just out of curiosity, how much of the .99 cent fee gets sent back toi the song writer? Just curious. I don't do any originals......ever.
I went through the Harry Fox Agency which is the agency that collects royalties for the artists. Is what I did, was pay the royalties ahead of time for a certain amount of sales. I paid for 50 of each cover track, and it's actually not that expensive. I paid more in processing fees than I did for the rights to the track. Total for this I paid about $60

$15 for each song, and then about .087 for each download. Keep in mind that you do have to pay separately for digital and physical distribution. So for the time being I just paid for digital download. My Cd's actually have 13 tracks on them, I just didn't want to pay for the rights for the two Disney tracks and the Universal track (Candle on the Water, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Jurassic Park Theme) when I went to actually do this for real and get it distributed, it just became a bit too much money. And I wasn't really going to be making most of my money back...at least I thought. I made it back already. :D :D That's minus the cost of the equipment.

Our own Mr. Hodge bought a couple of them actually, and he had this to say about it....an absolutely glowing review in my opinion:
Wonderful, relaxing music
author: DHodge

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone outside of Richard Thompson who might put out a collection of songs ranging from the pieces taken in the 1600's, before our “modern” version of the guitar even existed, and songs used in the video game, Final Fantasy. Joe Hempel has crafted together this wonderful disc of ten songs, arranged for the solo fingerstyle guitar (he plays both classical and acoustic). His arrangements are spare and elegant, allowing the songs to captivate the listener with their melodies and harmonies. This is an excellent CD for those looking for beautiful, understated solo guitar music to help them put aside the cares of any day. Not only do I highly recommend it, I'm also eagerly awaiting "Volume 2."

Posted : 09/02/2010 9:46 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Just found out that my CD is now available on iTunes!!! It's also available on Napster as well!!!

Posted : 10/02/2010 7:07 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yeah! Many congrats Joe! :D

This is for you.

Posted : 10/02/2010 10:18 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah! Many congrats Joe! :D

This is for you.

HAHA, thanks Nuno!! I'll be downloading that!

Posted : 10/02/2010 10:26 am