DLH Gig Report for Saturday 6-16-07

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I just got home from my gig tonight and had to tell you all before I bust at the seams.

Tonight for the first time in the 6 months since I joined this band, I had no issues with any song. I finally know all the intro's, all the main parts of all the songs and even finessed the endings.

I have some upcoming events I'm going to that interfere with band dates. So Dani asked the original drummer if he'd fill in for me. Funny how that happened.

Anyway, he showed up tonight to get some practice time in with the band and refamiliarize himself with the set list.

We played from 8:30 until 12:30 tonight and the original drummer got up and played the 3rd set. I have to admit, I was abit taken back by how much that drummer lacks in power and dynamics. I had invited some of my buddies and ex-band mates to come watch tonight. Side note: it was in the upper 90's today and this bar doesn't have air conditioning. I walked in at 5:30 with my gear and before I made it to the stage I had started sweating. :shock: It was 115 in the bar. (they have a grill and it was adding to the heat problem) There were also more than a dozen fans (air blowing kind) all over the place trying to move the dense air. It didn't work. I'd say about 25% of the people that showed tonight, walked in, got hit with the heat and promptly left. So I was thinking the night would be dead due to the heat. That's when I started calling other acquaintances to come down to check us out.

The first set, started out with very few people there. Sort of how it would be if I was still in Hap Hazard. However, by the time we took our first break, the place had packed it in again. So we do our first and second sets and everything goes fine. The original drummer gets up for the 3rd set and still knew most of the parts but it seemed like he just wasn't as dynamic as I recalled when I first heard these guys, before I joined.

So knowing how much more used to the original drummer, I was a little fearful they may really like him better and want him back....

NOT A CHANCE. After the set, the keyboardist came up to me and said, "Don't ever do that again." :) Even the guitarist came up to me and said I was the one they wanted to keep. My buddies also said that he had nothing on me. And after hearing him tonight, I hate to say it but I'd have to agree. I'm finally in a comfortable place with this band and am going to give it my all.

I think it's also time that I can maybe record a show and post it for you all to check out. I'm done for a couple of weeks as I have other engagements I'll be attending and not back with these guys for two weeks. So after that, I'll try to get some vids done and you guys can tell me honestly what you think.

For now, 3AM and I'm ready for sleep!!

Good night and catch you later!! :arrow:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/06/2007 8:02 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

We already knew it, but now it's confirmed: YOU RAWK! (Even when playing country.)

;)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 17/06/2007 11:20 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

We already knew it, but now it's confirmed: YOU RAWK! (Even when playing country.)

;)

Amen brother! 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/06/2007 9:34 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Way to go Bish!!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 17/06/2007 10:16 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Man, you are on fire Bish.
Things worked out for the best after all.
i really enjoyed reading this, good for you buddy, you deserve it.

#4491....

Posted : 17/06/2007 10:17 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

Your the man bish, great gig report, i see big things in your future, way to go bro 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 18/06/2007 2:55 am