( i would not have said that to Vic) :lol:

Hey, I'm only 3 inches shorter than him. :wink:

Posted : 22/07/2005 8:36 pm
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Thanks guys!!! Yeah, I got the bug alright!!! :D

Fine as always. Did you catch up to me last night. :P

Off to get another........ No way man, you had to big a head start :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 22/07/2005 9:40 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

What can I say, I'm a seasoned vet.

Posted : 23/07/2005 2:50 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

This is Wes's evil twin. Looks just like Wes, except plays lefty!

-Laz

note: it really is Wes, but I had to flip the picture for layout reasons

Posted : 23/07/2005 10:29 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Heh heh.....once you get that bug everything else is relegated to 2nd place...I'm trying to decide whether to go to the pub on Tuesday with guitar or stay in and watch football....my beloved Liverpool are on TV...

I could stay at home and play guitar and watch Tv....but it just isn't the same...

Anyway, good luck!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/07/2005 4:39 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Heh heh.....once you get that bug everything else is relegated to 2nd place...I'm trying to decide whether to go to the pub on Tuesday with guitar or stay in and watch football....my beloved Liverpool are on TV...

I could stay at home and play guitar and watch Tv....but it just isn't the same...

Anyway, good luck!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

Vic, is this a UEFA play-in game? Or is it EPL pre-season. If not UEFA, go play the gig!

Laz

Posted : 25/07/2005 4:19 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I have to say, I'm not even nervous at all :shock: .

I AM NOW! :cry:

It's two days away and I'm starting to get nervous.

At home and with him, I have my parts down but, I've found with guitar I buckle under pressure :oops: . I am getting better with that though and hope this session will further aid in my development in front of people.

I know this is something I will laugh at later but for now, it's serious.

Where's that stupid brown bag.......... :lol:

Posted : 28/07/2005 9:37 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Where's that stupid brown bag.......... :lol:
Don't need no stinkin brown bag. Throw up on the first row and get a laugh from the second row. :twisted:

All kidding aside I am sure you will do fine and so what if you miss a strum or two who is going to notice but you. Just keep on gettin it on.

Good luck :!:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 28/07/2005 9:42 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Don't need no stinkin brown bag. Throw up on the first row and get a laugh from the second row. :twisted:

Not what I meant (i.e. breathing exercises) but, funny none the less. :lol:

Thanks for the laugh and the good luck, bud.

Posted : 29/07/2005 2:09 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Not what I meant (i.e. breathing exercises) but, funny none the less. :lol:

Ahhh breathin not pukin. How dumb of me :oops:

In that case use a metronome to keep up a steady rate of breathing. About 30 BPM outa do it then speed it up a little when you get good at it :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 29/07/2005 2:28 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm starting to feel a little bit better now.

I talked to my friend and we are going to sit down and practice for a couple of hours before the "non gig" as he calls it. Easy for him to say, he's been playing from the age of 8 and is now 50 and has been in some of the BEST gigin' bands around this state.

I consider it a "gig" because I'll be putting myself out in front of a huge crowd.

Then again, I'll be laughing at myself for saying all this stuff later.

Posted : 29/07/2005 2:41 am
(@xeran)
Eminent Member

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Its tomorrow....right :) just making sure.

I have yet to have my first gig, but i've been on stage for other things plenty of times. alot of improv comedy stuff, but if its anything the same (which i hope) things always go better once you spend a little time on stage and "get to know the audience"

Lost hope in life? Visit http://bobsagetonline.com

Posted : 30/07/2005 1:13 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Its tomorrow....right :) just making sure.

Yes, it's tomorrow and thank you!

It's funny that you mention "get to know the audience" because my friend called me tonight and was telling me about that. He said, "Don't worry, it's a laid back thing and everyone there is laid back as well. We'll go out there and do our thing and the next thing you know, it will be over".

I have to say though; before I talked to my friend tonight I said to myself, "DUDE, you're NOT the next best thing!!! All you're going to do is sing a little and strum to the tunes. That's it, GET OVER IT".

Since I had a "talk" with myself....... I can say, I am over it. It's been done before and all I'm doing is replaying it, simple as that.

The weather is going to be perfect tomorrow. I hope everyone enjoys our performance because it's all about entertainment. That's what got me into guitar; it looked like fun so here I am. I know now, I'm gonna have fun. That's all there is to it.

I'll be here in the morning, after that, I'm gig bound. Hopefully tomorrow night I can post something about the show.

Oh, I'm going to do my version of the Star Spangled Banner too. :D I think that makes 6 songs in all.

Posted : 30/07/2005 2:30 am
(@xeran)
Eminent Member

heck yeah man, it will be fun

i'm glad your over it, besides like everyone says, everything will be fine. they aren't saying that to hear themselves talk :)

i can't wait to hear how it goes for you

Lost hope in life? Visit http://bobsagetonline.com

Posted : 30/07/2005 5:06 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

For those who care..........

I had an absolute BLAST.

We played for at least 2 hours. Played 6 songs and the rest was all improv. I played an extended blues shuffle while he improvised over it and he played rhythm while I improvised over it and so on and so on…………Time went by like nobodies business!!!

I can NOT express in words how much fun I had.

People were coming up to us asking how long we have been playing together and if we could perform at future functions. Of course my friend was telling EVERYONE that I have only been playing for a year and a half. Yes, he has been teaching me here and there.

My wife took some pictures, I'll see if I have time tomorrow to post them ………

All in all, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mike

Posted : 31/07/2005 2:26 am
Page 2 / 4