23 Users
0 Likes
10.3 K Views
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

What about just linking the foe button here

Hello...? Hello...

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:15 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Ok - bad joke

But what about a "foe request" button?

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:22 pm
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

oh great now no one will see any of my posts :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:39 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I will be sure to use this power with caution, foe sho. :)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:49 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'll admit to using the foe button once a while back for a short time. a particular member we don't see around here much if at all anymore prided himself it seemed on stirring the pot. i decided to remove the member from the foe list shortly after though out of bordom. :oops:

#4491....

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:55 pm
(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

I find I will not use the foe function. Just because I disagree with a post or two from someone doesn't mean I want to miss the one good thing they do post.

Is anyone familiar with slashdot.org? (sorry non-techies) They have a good self-moderation system. It works at the post level rather than at the member level and allows people to spend moderation points on posts they find particularly useful or particularly heinous.

It appears that we do this ourselves already in some cases. I've seen replies to posts that are simply "+1" or something to that effect.

Just a thought.

Posted : 07/08/2008 1:39 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I tagged Twisted Lefty and Nick as "friends" to see what happens. The board info says it makes it easier to find their posts. They've both posted since then, and I see no signals or highlights on the index pages. Maybe it's only if they start a new thread? (Lefty: can you do a test post?)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 07/08/2008 2:06 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

How about a 'middle of the road' setting ? :D

Posted : 07/08/2008 2:27 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I tagged Twisted Lefty and Nick as "friends" to see what happens. The board info says it makes it easier to find their posts. They've both posted since then, and I see no signals or highlights on the index pages. Maybe it's only if they start a new thread? (Lefty: can you do a test post?)

affirmative

#4491....

Posted : 07/08/2008 3:02 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Group dynamics have always interested me. This group does have all types, but with a good focus on respect and courtesy, problems are not as much as you would guess with this many people running about. Especially with a media (internet forums in general) that seems to pride itself of being full of **** ** * *. (Free set of D'adds (10s or 12s) to whoever figures that one out by the end of the month.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoo, great site, great forum and great people. Yes, even Nick. :P

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/08/2008 4:58 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oh, and while I've got the floor. A big special thanks to eveyone who have put up with my sloppy typing over these past few months. My speech and typing has been horrible due to meds and head woes. I sometimes look back at things and wonder what in the heck I was talkking about. Alternatively, only one person has bore the brunt of the roid rage from a few of the steroid-therapies I've been on and am on. He deserved it anyhow. :evil:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/08/2008 5:03 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

What about just linking the foe button here

Hello...? Hello...

Or have the button link the foe to here. :twisted:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 07/08/2008 5:05 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Well it says, "If the template has relevant support any posts made by a friend may be highlighted." Not sure what that means but maybe we don't have the relevant support. :|

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 07/08/2008 5:05 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Oh, and while I've got the floor. A big special thanks to eveyone who have put up with my sloppy typing over these past few months. My speech and typing has been horrible due to meds and head woes. I sometimes look back at things and wonder what in the heck I was talkking about. Alternatively, only one person has bore the brunt of the roid rage from a few of the steroid-therapies I've been on and am on. He deserved it anyhow. :evil:

Use firefox.

Posted : 07/08/2008 9:55 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Use firefox.

Wouldn't you have to learn to think in Russian?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 08/08/2008 11:04 am
Page 2 / 4