Skip to content
GIG ALERT - Life is...

Notifications
Clear all

GIG ALERT - Life is Drama @ Uptown Tap (Plainfield, IL)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I got a call on Monday afternoon asking to cover some dates for my friend's band "Life is Drama". We swapped song lists of what they know and what I know and then we got together last night to go over a night's worth of material. Those songs we played well made it into this Sat's setlist and now we're all set!!! :D

So here is our upcoming schedule:

Sat 6/18 (Uptown Tap; 24035 W Lockport St, Plainfield IL, 10pm)
Mon 7/4 (Channahon Outdoor Festival; 8pm)
Sat 7/9 (Exit 197; 952 West Reynold St, Pontiac IL, 10pm)
Sat 7/16 (Keglers; 905 Theodore St, Crest Hill, 10pm)

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 16/06/2011 8:42 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

You're finally playing right in the neighborhood (Plainfield)... and it's the night before our school recital :(

I'll try to make it for a bit anyway, but it'll have to be an early night for me.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 16/06/2011 9:44 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Sounds good!! I'll be there around 8:30pm to load in. Hope to see you Sat night :D

Posted : 16/06/2011 11:15 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Early review - I caught the first set. Got to spend about 45 minutes talking to Tommy before they started; he's a really nice guy.

I understand they'd only rehearsed once or twice. But they were really tight. The sound was good (with the exception of the crash cymbals; the room made the highs really stand out too much). The singer has some presence, and all the band members seem to be having a good time playing together.

Tommy is an excellent rhythm guitarist - tight, focused, and precise. He took a few leads, the first one on "Have a Nice Day", a bit on "Summer of '69", and on the last tune of the set, "Sweet Child of Mine". He's a competent lead guitarist too - I'd work with him anytime.

The rest of the set was a mix of classic rock. I've been trying to catch at least one band a week, and these guys are among the best I've seen recently. Catch them if you can!

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 19/06/2011 3:42 am
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the nice comment & for coming out last night!!!

Posted : 19/06/2011 1:49 pm