Notifications
Clear all

Gig Report for 3-20-10

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If you keep playing through mistakes, most people will never notice them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/03/2010 2:19 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

True enough I guess.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/03/2010 1:04 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Hope the Sat gig went well Joe! Just checked your video from this thread - I think you're being really hard on yourself by saying you didn't play well. You had great tone, the mic helped maintain that through the PA (thank you thank you thank you a million times for using a mic instead of an acoustic pickup - never been happy with the latter compared to pure acoustic tone, but unfortunately have to succumb to using them when sitting in at places, mics are way better for capturing acoustic guitar tone, tho, by a mile), and your playing was both in time and really fluid (relaxed phrasing and wotnot).

In short, I thought it sounded great. I look forward to hearing you progress with this, because you've definitely got the talent and commitment for it.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 31/03/2010 8:21 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Scrybe.

The one that happened just this past Saturday went MUCH MUCH better in my opinion. Things were more fluid, I used two different guitars (put a video in the here here section), and I was pretty much told that when ever I wanted to come back and play, I would be welcome to play...so that made me feel pretty good!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 31/03/2010 8:25 am
Page 2 / 2