Clear all

Gig Report - Spookhand in Dayton, OH

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

We'll be hitting the road soon in a couple hours to make the 5 hour drive to Dayton. We're playing at Gilly's at 8pm tonight. http://www.gillysjazz.com/a-ghastlee-night-at-gillys/ . I believe we are playing 4th. If anyone does make it out, make sure to say hi (Jeff, the bass player).

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 25/06/2011 12:27 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Gilly's is a nice club. You should have a great time.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 25/06/2011 1:25 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I really wish I could have been there....it's been crazy around here!

I hope you had a blast!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/06/2011 11:14 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

If I only lived closer. Looks like it was my kind of party.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/06/2011 10:11 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, we made it back in one piece and with all our gear so it was a good road trip. Everyone there was super nice and very hospitible. A friend of a friend let us spend the night at his house and fed us dinner when we got there. Had a pretty good turn out and enjoyed the other bands. We started off a little rough, deciding to do the ramones version of happy birthday at the last minute as it was one of the other band's drummer's birthday. We hit the first few notes and sounded awful. It took me a few seconds to realize I had tuned to standard when we always play a half step down. Fixed that and we got going. The sound on stage wasn't great, so our singer missed his cue on our 3rd song, which was brand new. We tried fixing it, but it was train wrecking so we stopped and I told the crowd it was new and let us try again. From that point on, everything was tight and we all played great. Everyone said the sound was good out front, so it was just our monitors that weren't mixed well.

We got some good compliments. We only sold 1 tshirt and 1 cd because the merch table was in a dark corner no one could see. With our guarantee and cut of the door, after gas and lunch on Sunday, we each brought home $22, so it was quite the lucrative tour.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 27/06/2011 1:38 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Jeff! Well done!

Posted : 27/06/2011 2:34 pm