Clear all

Going away

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I'll be leaving GN for a week or so. I'm off on holiday, and as I work in the computing sector I'm making it a completely computer-free holiday :lol:

I'd still like the take part in the Songwriting Contest over in the Songwriter's forum - I hope I'll have enough time when I get back to record something. Perhaps I'll get something written while I'm away, who knows.

I'm used to checking into GN every day (sometimes more than once, too :P) so a week away is going to be strange! :lol:

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 21/08/2007 1:34 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Happy holiday and take care! :D

Nuno

Posted : 21/08/2007 1:52 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah. two weeks off was really strange for me! Have a great time!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 21/08/2007 2:51 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Huh, last time I had a holiday, I made sure I had the lap-top with me.....

Have a good one, Pete, we're still on the back foot as far as the songwriting comp is concerned - still waiting to see who's in and who's out.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/08/2007 5:55 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

We had multiple laptops, but nowhere to connect. Joe had that problem in Milan and Paris, too.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 21/08/2007 5:59 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Have a good time, Pete! We'll catch you when you come back!

Jim-Bone

Posted : 21/08/2007 6:03 pm
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I'll be leaving GN for a week or so. I'm off on holiday, and as I work in the computing sector I'm making it a completely computer-free holiday :lol:

Leave the little crypto-dongle at home too. No checking work email from a web cafe!

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

Posted : 21/08/2007 6:53 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Enjoy your holiday.

Its good you are not taking your lappy but don't forget to take the guitar and the ipod. :wink:

Have fun !

Posted : 21/08/2007 8:32 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere without A - a guitar and B - a laptop. What if I wrote a song that I just had to record straight away? Happened a couple of years ago in Texas - recorded "Blood On Your Hands" in my hotel bedroom!

It wouldn't be a holiday for me - but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably take the guitar. There are internet cafes everywhere.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/08/2007 12:02 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Pete

have a nice one mate, you deserve it now that you've graduated.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 22/08/2007 2:21 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere without A - a guitar and B - a laptop. What if I wrote a song that I just had to record straight away? Happened a couple of years ago in Texas - recorded "Blood On Your Hands" in my hotel bedroom!

It wouldn't be a holiday for me - but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably take the guitar. There are internet cafes everywhere.....

Vic

What he said. Guitar, Vamp-2, Headphones and laptop. And next time I'll remember picks. :x

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 22/08/2007 2:40 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Have a great vacation Pete! :D

Hope the GN withdrawls aren't too bad! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/08/2007 2:57 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Have a great time, we'll still be here when you return :wink:

Posted : 22/08/2007 3:11 pm