Eagles are back

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Great news everyone!

New single about to be released and forthcoming album from the Eagles.

It must be all true as you can preorder from their website.

Can't wait!

Go to eaglesband.com for details. Here's the email I was sent:
Eagles long-awaited new single, “How Long”!
Eagles have finished the video for "How Long." It is their first single from the upcoming album Long Road Out Of Eden. The video for "How Long," recently filmed in Los Angeles, premieres worldwide at midnight EDT (8/20 at 12:00AM) on Yahoo! Music. It is scheduled for its broadcast debut next week on Country Music Television.

Pre-order Long Road Out Of Eden (CD or digital) through eaglesband.com now, instantly download the new single, “How Long”, and order the pre-order tee shirt, only available at eaglesband.com. All pre-orders win a chance to see Eagles in concert in Los Angeles this October. Click here.

Pre release orders for Long Road Out Of Eden will be available starting Monday, August 20th, exclusively via Walmart.com, samsclub.com, and eaglesband.com. The album, scheduled for an October 2007 release, will be available exclusively from Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Walmart.com, and eaglesband.com. Long Road Out Of Eden represents the first Eagles album of all new tracks in more than 28 years.

Eagles will be performing six nights in October with the Dixie Chicks as a Grand Opening celebration for the new NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles. Tickets for the concerts can be found at ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone lines at (213) 480-3232 or (714) 740-2000, and at all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers.

Eagles on MySpace
If you haven't seen it already, take a moment now to see the Eagles' new home on MySpace.com, at http://www.myspace.com/eaglesmusic .

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 21/08/2007 7:10 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Great news! Thanks Chris! :D

I have in my wish list the Farewell I concert, probably the best DVD concert available currently.

Posted : 21/08/2007 12:57 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I like the new song but at $200.00 a ticket plus airfare and
hotel in LA I think I'll pass on the concert.

Made me realize what a bargain I got when I saw them in
1973 for $8.00 though.

Thanks for the info.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 21/08/2007 2:21 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Yay! :D
I really like the new song. Looking forward to buying the album when it comes out on Oct. 30th.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 21/08/2007 2:25 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Joe Walsh looks mellow in that video. Must be a stunt double.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 21/08/2007 2:33 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Nuno wrote:
I have in my wish list the Farewell I concert, probably the best DVD concert available currently.

Nuno I was lucky enough to go to the "Farewell Tour 1" in Birmingham about 60 miles from home. Fantastic night!!

The Celt wrote:
Made me realize what a bargain I got when I saw them in
1973 for $8.00 though.

John that's thirtyfour years worth of inflation for you. Cost me £75 per ticket to see them on that "Farewell 1 Tour" Well it was Trish my wife's 50th birthday treat and we loved that show.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 21/08/2007 8:30 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nuno I was lucky enough to go to the "Farewell Tour 1" in Birmingham about 60 miles from home. Fantastic night!!
I'm so jealous! :(

I watched the DVD, a friend lent me some time ago. It is great! The Hotel California version with the trumpet intro is... Practically all the songs are great, and the DVD quality is perfect! Yes, it had to be a fantastic night!

A local shopping center used to make 3x2 promotions in summer but they didn't it this year. I have several "expensive" DVDs in my list, so I'll wait for a birthday, Xmas, etc. or other promotions. (Another one is the Crossroads Guitar Festival.)

Posted : 21/08/2007 10:00 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I like the Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over' tour, where there performed Hotel California unplugged for the first time. Take it easy is also fantastic with Don Henley pounding on the drums.

Nice to hear that Eagles are back.

Posted : 22/08/2007 6:36 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

John that's thirtyfour years worth of inflation for you. Cost me £75 per ticket to see them on that "Farewell 1 Tour" Well it was Trish my wife's 50th birthday treat and we loved that show.

Chris

I realize that inflation plays a part there but I also believe that
concerts and sporting events have become more expensive and
being priced out of the reach of many fans. Even at 1973 prices
$8.00 dollars wasn't that much and it wasn't that long ago that you
could get good seats to a headline act for $50.00 or so.

I don't mean to rant but I do think that greed is somewhat involved
also.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 22/08/2007 1:23 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

One factor in the overall increase in ticket prices is the internet sharing/piracy factor. Bands have to make their money on the road i guess.

#4491....

Posted : 22/08/2007 1:45 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Great news. They are one of my favorite bands, especially their early stuff.

Posted : 22/08/2007 3:04 pm
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member

Great to hear about the Eagles, and love that new song, but can't imagine them with Dix Chicks (who annoy me... lol ). Don't mean to offend anyone, I didn't like Dix Chicks before they became political...:)

Posted : 23/08/2007 9:02 pm