Clear all

Guitar Noise Seminar in SW Ohio??

55 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
28 K Views
(@olive)
Estimable Member

My birthday is Aug. 15 which means I'll most likely be tied up with family stuff the weekend of the 14th.  Any chance of doing this in late July rather than in August?

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

Posted : 02/03/2004 3:09 am
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

So where are we at on this? I'm flexible as far as dates. Plus Dayton is only a four hour drive from me so....

I just need to know where, when and the like.  ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 03/03/2004 1:57 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

So where are we at on this? I'm flexible as far as dates. Plus Dayton is only a four hour drive from me so....

I just need to know where, when and the like.  ;D

I think we're still trying to sort that out!   ;)  Maybe we should start by taking a vote on a date, or maybe even a month...

August sounds like it's not going to work. How about the last weekend of July (I think we're talking about Saturday the 31st)?

Peace

Posted : 03/03/2004 9:02 pm
(@olive)
Estimable Member

I vote yes for July 31st.  The Reds will be losing to the Astros that weekend, so I can even go check out some baseball!

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

Posted : 03/03/2004 11:04 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I think we're still trying to sort that out!   ;)  Maybe we should start by taking a vote on a date, or maybe even a month...

August sounds like it's not going to work. How about the last weekend of July (I think we're talking about Saturday the 31st)?

Peace

works for me.  ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 04/03/2004 2:06 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Might work for me as well.  My summer plans are all a bit iffy.  We'll try to take a vacation sometime -- don't know when.  And I've got to teach summer school.  So all dates for me are at the moment hypothetical.  

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 08/03/2004 12:29 pm
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

July 31 works for me right now as well.  

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

Posted : 09/03/2004 5:10 am
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

This is looking good. I need to know that we'll have at least ten to twelve people. Who wants to take on the task of being "point person?" All that means is that you'll be the person with the names....we'lll be working on the other stuff, such as a venue, as we progress.

Is Dayton (or one of its suburbs) still okay and does anyone live there or close enough to do some checking?

Peace

Posted : 09/03/2004 2:07 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I can do that David.

THey can send their name and whether or not they plan on attending to the e-mail in my profile.  Or IM me here.

Posted : 09/03/2004 2:46 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Thanks, TF!

Folks, when you email him, also try to include a list of topics you'd like to see covered so that I can get some idea as to what you want. Also, chime in on whether or not you'd like to add in a Friday night session...

Peace

Posted : 09/03/2004 3:20 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

E-mail or IM please include GN Seminar Ohio in the subject.

• Indicate whether or not you can attend.

• topics you'd like to see covered.

• Would you like a friday night session.
  • David if you come up with anything else we need covered let me know and I'll update the list.

Posted : 09/03/2004 3:29 pm
    (@slydog)
    Reputable Member

Wouldn't you know it - I just learned yesterday that we have our annual family gathering scheduled for July 31.  I probably couldn't do Friday either (people coming in from out of town).  Aarrrggghh!

Posted : 16/03/2004 2:54 pm
    (@davidhodge)
    Topic starter

Okay, then, shall we back up to the 24th?

Peace

Posted : 16/03/2004 5:43 pm
    (@slydog)
    Reputable Member

Moving it to July 24th would be great, but only if it doesn't mess up anyone else's schedule.  

Sorry to cause such a hassle.

Posted : 16/03/2004 10:21 pm
    (@olive)
    Estimable Member

My brothers b-day is the weekend of the 24th, so I wouldn't be able to make it that weekend.

Posted : 17/03/2004 7:25 am
    Page 2 / 4