Guns & Roses - Chinese Democracy song on video game

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

From the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7507429.stm

I wonder if it's going to be any good - the GnR album that is.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 16/07/2008 7:22 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I dunno. Think they can recapture that magic they had from back in the day, but without the historical line-up? (cynics unite!!)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/07/2008 10:12 am
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

I heard a short clip when the songs were bouncing around the web. I would imagine you can still find them. It was a very different sound. I don't think it will ever be the same without the original lineup. It was always Slash's sound that made the band for me.

Posted : 16/07/2008 10:49 am
(@theredd)
Trusted Member

Considering how long it took to make, it should be one of the best albums ever made :lol:

On the other hand- considering GnR is now nothing more then Axyl Rose running amok in his own fantasy world, I dont expect a lot :(

Chinese Democracy is a very fitting title; GnR without Slash is going to be a poor imitation of the real thing . . .

Posted : 16/07/2008 12:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

G'n'R without Slash? Yeah, right! Imagine Led Zep without Page.........Stones without Keef.....Beatles without Lennon.....a ploughman's lunch without a pint of bitter....sorry, Axl, Slash WAS G'n'R!

Chinese Democracy? Might as well call the album "Tianamen Square" - because it's going to get slaughtered!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2008 1:06 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

They will never bring back that sound or feeling. Their youth and anger is long gone.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 16/07/2008 5:05 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

no slash??? its like rainbow without zippy, del boy without rodney, salt without vinegar, wallace without grommit, fray bentos without pies, man utd without 10 minutes injury time, eurovision without wogan!!
Vic, you might have to explain that for our friends over the pond!
point is though, slash was the brian may of GNR'S

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 16/07/2008 8:27 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I was with you on "wallace without grommit and man utd without 10 minutes injury time" but do not have reference for the rest. Still, you point was taken....

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/07/2008 12:56 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I can't really add much to what's already been said. GNR without Slash just isn't going to be even remotely the same. They should have just changed the name of the band.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 17/07/2008 1:19 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I can't really add much to what's already been said. GNR without Slash just isn't going to be even remotely the same. They should have just changed the name of the band.

I thought they did - to Velvet Revolver.........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/07/2008 4:28 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Haha!
Apparently, Slash has a gun fetish.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 17/07/2008 4:39 pm