Clear all

If anyone's got a prayer to spare.....

138 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Heck, Vic. she's falling asleep while you talk to her. Sounds almost back to normal, eh? :P

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 06/10/2010 12:21 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

So glad that most of the IV's have been removed, what a relief! I hope Marilyn can get more comfortable while stable. :)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 06/10/2010 1:09 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I am so glad that there is steady improvement, Vic! I continue to pray for her complete recovery.

Jim

Posted : 06/10/2010 1:43 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Great news

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/10/2010 1:34 pm
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Thanks for keeping us posted, Vic. The prayers continue, and stay strong as the recovery continues too.

I also had to remark:
Thank god for beer and rock & roll!

I do. Almost every day. :-) That's right in the prayer list after Vic and his family.

I know what you do TRG- seen it from a couple of angles. Was a CNA in intensive to pay my way through college- also was a motorbike accident victim. Only thing I can say is, it's actually easier to go in on a stretcher with a skull fracture and no clear idea if you'll come out, than it is to go in every day, to take care of folks like me.

Appreciated. God bless you.

Ande

Posted : 06/10/2010 1:54 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Great news Vic!

Posted : 06/10/2010 2:41 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wednesday night, update.

Further improvement today - Marilyn's had physiotherapy sessions AND spent some time off the respirator breathing for herself. No obvious problems, so tomorrow she's going to spend longer periods off the respirator. She did have a mild sedative to help her sleep last night, but that was only to get her body clock back in sync with the real world. She's really frustrated at not being able to talk, though - we had to get a writing pad in the end. She asked me was it quiet without her, I grinned and said "no comment!" She shook her fist (couldn't even lift it a couple of days or so ago!) then smiled. So, things are on the up and up.

Told her my Guitarnoise friends had been praying for her, she said (well, wrote!) to thank you all very much. That goes for me too!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/10/2010 8:58 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Vic that's fantastic news! I'm so pleased to hear Marilyn is doing so well :-)

Posted : 06/10/2010 9:07 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I am glad to read your posts, every new update comes with great news! She improves each day!

Posted : 06/10/2010 9:57 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I am glad to read your posts, every new update comes with great news! She improves each day!

+1 to that Nuno! (And Vic!)

Thanks for faithfully keeping us posted on her progress. I know you already have alot on your plate, but we look forward to the updates.

Jim

Posted : 07/10/2010 12:58 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

excellent news vic!.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 07/10/2010 5:56 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Excellent news! Keep us posted!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 07/10/2010 11:20 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It sounds like she's on her way to full recovery! Hooray for Marilyn! (And you, too, Vic!)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 07/10/2010 3:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thursday Night....

No update as such from me.....wasn't able to go today. I was up half of last night being sick, and the other half with diarrhoea - didn't think it was a great idea to take that into the ICU!

From what I've been told, though, further improvement - she spent more time off the respirator today, they're hoping she'll be off it altogether by the end of the weekend, and hopefully the breathing and feeding tubes will be removed.

I'm in bed at the moment - been there most of the day, going to have an early night and hopefully I'll be able to see her tomorrow.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 07/10/2010 9:41 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Vic, Marilyn is improving a lot, now you need a little bit of time for yourself. Try to rest. It is normal after a stress situation. All is Ok now. If you don't rest then you can not help her!

Posted : 07/10/2010 9:58 pm
Page 5 / 10