Clear all

If anyone's got a prayer to spare.....

138 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Sorry to hear your under the weather now, Vic. I hope you recover quickly and are back at Marilyn's side.

Jim

Posted : 08/10/2010 12:59 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sorry to hear your under the weather now, Vic. I hope you recover quickly and are back at Marilyn's side. Jim

Duly recovered, back with her all day today. Seems it was one of those 24-hour bugs that's going round - a day spent in bed sweating it out seemed to do the trick. I had 1/2 a bowl of soup and a round of bread last night, managed to keep it down, almost back to normal today.

Marilyn's continuing to make solid improvement - spent nearly all day off the respirator today, been out of bed for the first time and walking with the aid of a zimmer frame and a little help from the physiotherapist. Hopefully the trachaeotomy will be coming out tomorrow (Sat) or Sunday. She still can't talk because of the trachaeotomy, but she's been writing everything down. I'll work on her spelling and grammar when she gets home......

Consultant is due round Saturday AM, hopefully he'll give her some idea of when she can come home, give her something to look forward to.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 08/10/2010 7:02 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Walking? Great! :D

Posted : 08/10/2010 8:24 pm
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Vic, sounds like steady progress for Marilyn. And good that you are now feeling better. But don't neglect your own health. Hard as it is, get enough sleep and eat right. She needs you.

Renee

Posted : 08/10/2010 11:16 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OMG, Vic. I just saw this post. I only read the first page so I could get back here to see how things are going.

Man, it seems like from what I'm reading she's improving.

My prayers and thoughts are with you buddy. Please give my best to Marilyn.

I wish you both well!!

+ 1 to Hobson's comments, too!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 09/10/2010 12:43 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Wonderful news about Marilyn! Great news that you're on the upswing as well, Vic. As Hobson already said, you need take care of yourself too.

Jim

Posted : 09/10/2010 2:58 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Really great to hear!! Hope things continue on this upswing!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 09/10/2010 6:40 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Strewth mate !!!

Sorry to read this , sending ya an Maryln all the Aussies prayers and best wishes I can muster mate ....

Bloody hell , wish I could snap my fingers and make every thing better for you 2 ...

Best wishes an thoughts going your way

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 09/10/2010 11:42 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Excellent news Vic, glad Marilyn is doings so well, and you've recovered from your bug :-)

Posted : 10/10/2010 8:20 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

:D onwards and upwards Vic. Good news all round

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 10/10/2010 9:21 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What did the consult say yesterday?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 10/10/2010 12:46 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Haven't updated for a couple of days, but it's all been good news.....

For the last few days, Marilyn's been breathing more and more without the aid of the respirator. Of course, all her vital signs have been monitored closely, and today - finally - the trachaeotomy was taken out. No IV's whatsoever going into her now, hopefully tomorrow - after Doctor's rounds - she'll be out of Intensive Care and onto a normal ward. Couple of days there to monitor and stabilise medications, and hopefully she'll be coming home.

Sigh - there's going to be one HUMUNGOUS honey-do list. She's already started it since she got her voice back.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/10/2010 7:23 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Super news to hear, Vic. gotta like it.

Even the hd list. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/10/2010 7:28 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

:D Good news

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 12/10/2010 7:59 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Excellent news :D :D

Posted : 12/10/2010 8:49 pm
Page 6 / 10