Clear all

June 7th, Reston VA, Habitat for Humanity fundraiser

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Our praise band has been invited to play at another church's fundraiser concert this coming Saturday night at 7pm in Reston, VA. They are raising money to send a team of people to Africa (Madagascar) for a Habitat for Humanity building project.

There will be three bands: the youth and adult praise teams from the Good Shepherd church, plus ours. I'm not sure if we play second or third, but my understanding is they do relatively mellow stuff while we will be doing more upbeat/rocking tunes. We will blow 'em off the stage! :lol:

All are welcome, donations are "free will" only. If you are in the DC area, please stop by! (P.S. Apparently they recently moved into new, bigger digs at 1133 Reston Avenue. The address in Google is not accurate.)
Music with a Mission
Good Shepherd's adult and youth Praise Band along with Our Savior's Way Praise Band will be presenting a benefit concert on June 7, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at Good Shepherd to raise funds for Thrivent Builds Worldwide with Habitat for Humanity trip to Madagascar that Jen DeSantis and her team are making on July 5, 2008. Come enjoy a fun night of song, refreshments and fellowship. Free will donations are being accepted.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 02/06/2008 2:01 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That's great, Slej! A worthy effort for a worthy cause! Good for you! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/06/2008 2:08 pm
(@abrocks22)

oh for sure im gonna check this out...i didn't know it was goin on

Posted : 05/06/2008 8:07 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a worhty cause. :D

Have a great time Mitch! Ps 33:3 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/06/2008 9:40 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ps 33:3 8)

!!! Yeah! !!!

And Ps 98:4 (KJV): Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise! (I'm big on the "loud noise" part, LOL)

So we found out the performance order will be: their youth band, our praise band, then finally their praise band. I'm told their congregation is pretty conservative/traditional, so it will be interesting to see how they react to our songs. We had a rockin' practice last night. Drummer was spot on the beat and hitting as hard as I've heard him; guitars were good; singers seemed to be having a good time. Gonna raise some he.... ahem, I mean, gonna be fun!

Posted : 06/06/2008 1:21 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Good stuff bro!
Start off with some Michael W. Smith!... Great cause for sure. Have a blast!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 06/06/2008 1:53 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Start off with some Michael W. Smith!...

Indeed, we do have "Prince of Peace" on the list. The echoing vocals sound pretty good with 8 singers! 8)

Posted : 06/06/2008 2:45 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Thats very cool! My brother Fred helps build at least one house a year for Habitat. 8) He is a plumber and a Jack of all trades, and a master of them all :twisted: He holds a license in plumbing, Heating and Air, and electrical.But he makes his living as a plumber :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 07/06/2008 2:12 am
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Have a good one, slej!
:)

Don

Posted : 07/06/2008 12:06 pm