Clear all

A Day in Our Village gig report

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I filled in today for a friend at Oak Park IL's" Day in our Village "festival. I did a half hour solo set on a huge festival stage with
a top notch PA and sound guy. What a treat! Afterwards the music coordinator tells me "you didn't tell me you were that good!" :D The crowd seemed to enjoy it, and it was a beautiful day here, sunny and 75 degrees, with kids running around the park and vendors set up. I would have liked to have hung around a bit, but we were off to my great nephews christening right after.

The set went as follows
Second Chances- original SSG
Time After Time-Lauper
Don't let the Sun Catch you Cryin- Gerry and the Pacemakers
Everybody Lies- original SSG
I want you back-Jackson 5
No Reflection on You -original SSG
Drunk With the Thought of You Sheryl Crowe
Got to find me a Cowboy- original SSG.

I passed out a few business cards, I think I gave my name to someone from the local paper, and was told I'd definitely be asked back next year. COOL!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 01/06/2008 11:11 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Kathy,

Sounds like a great time and a really nice set list.

I don't remember ever hearing you do
"Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying"

It may just be my poor memory but that's a great song.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 01/06/2008 11:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Cool - out of eight songs, half of them began life in the SSG! Dan and Laura showed us (Scrybe and me) how to play "No Reflection On You" when they were here at Easter, so that song's getting around, isn't it!
I don't remember ever hearing you do
"Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying"

It may just be my poor memory but that's a great song.

I love that song, too! In fact I love Gerry and the Pacemakers, full stop. Back in the 6o's I loved them equally as much as the Beatles! Did you know they were the first band to have their first three singles all reach #1 in the British Charts? That feat wasn't repeated till 1985, when another Liverpool band - Frankie Goes To Hollywood - did it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/06/2008 12:06 am
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys, I love Gerry and the pacemakers too. Actually a friend brought me the tune a few years back and thought it would be a good one for me. have to say he was right. I have to laugh, because whenever I play that at an open mike, I notice the "older" clients start moving towards the stage! I think it's because it's a tune that you don't hear played much anymore. John, I played it at the MGS gig last October, because it's on the Cd that we recorded that night. I know I didn't play it this last time out.

Here are some pics;

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k128/katreich/A%20Day%20in%20Our%20Village%2008/

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 02/06/2008 9:21 pm