Led Zeppelin in studio recording new material

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I heard it tonight. I was half slept and I thought I was dreaming (or in the middle of a nightmare). Here it is the news in Times On Line. It seems Plant isn't participating so they say "trio".

Nuno

Posted : 03/09/2008 3:32 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Without Plant it isn't really Led Zeppelin but
there must be some good tracks being laid down.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 03/09/2008 8:04 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I read this somewhere yesterday, and sort of filed it away in the back of my mind. I think, from what I read, Plant may join the others when his current schedule allows. It'd be nice to hear some new music from them, but even if it doesn't work out, well, there's still plenty of old LZ material to listen to and watch!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/09/2008 12:07 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

So Led Zep is going the way of Carlos Santana maybe... The singer that performed with Jimmy Page at the closing of the Olympics was great (imo). Could be very interesting.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 04/09/2008 2:33 am
(@alangreen)

All the oldies are coming out, it seems. The new Queen single with Paul Rogers on vocals is getting airplay on Virgin Radio

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 04/09/2008 10:00 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Interesting. It would be nice to see a new Zeppelin album, but if Plant doesn't get onboard, I'd still buy what the lads are laying down! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/09/2008 10:10 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Should be interesting. I'd love to hear what they have to offer. But, it just wouldn't be LZ without Plant!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 04/09/2008 3:52 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

They sure got fired up after the Olympics'08.

Posted : 04/09/2008 7:12 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

They sure got fired up after the Olympics'08.

Shame, for me, I didn't get to see it. Will have to Youtube it.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 05/09/2008 2:37 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

More news (rumor in this case):
This little news item certainly lives comfortably in the "rumor" category (as it's being reported by England's notorious rag The Sun), but I thought it was interesting enough to share: Led Zeppelin are potentially seeking to replace Robert Plant as their singer.
http://www.chordstrike.com/2008/09/led-zeppelin-se.html

Posted : 21/09/2008 1:07 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I wouldn't buy into anything printed in that particular "newspaper" - notorious is a good word to describe it. They seem to have got the "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" maxim down to a fine art - if I was looking for a copy of the sun in my local library, I'd start by looking under "fiction" and "fantasy."

Still - it does seem Plant's committed to touring with Alison Krauss, although I wouldn't be too surprised to see him get together with the others....it'd be easy enough for them to send him MP3's of demo tracks for him to work on lyrics and vocals.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/09/2008 1:43 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

personally, i can take Bonzo being replaced and still think of them as close enough to LZ because it's his son and Jason has had a relationship with the Zep since birth, BUT replacing Robert will be over the line imo.

they waited this long, whats another few months?
let RP finish his tour with AK and the music, energy, and the hype will be tenfold.

#4491....

Posted : 21/09/2008 3:32 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

More news:

Led Zeppelin Without Plant? It seems so…

Posted : 27/10/2008 3:52 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

and i'm sure they will dub this new group LZ, but IMO it won't be...

#4491....

Posted : 27/10/2008 9:20 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/led-zeppelin-are-over-says-jimmy-pages-manager-190946

"Led Zeppelin are over!" says Jimmy Page's manager

Despite published reports indicating otherwise, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have abandoned plans to record and tour together.

MusicRadar spoke exclusively with Peter Mensch, Jimmy Page's manager, who stated categorically, "Led Zeppelin are over! If you didn't see them in 2007 [when they played a one-off reunion at London's O2 Arena], you missed them. It's done. I can't be any clearer than that."

Singers auditioned, "no one worked out"
There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it" Peter Mensch, Jimmy Page's manager, on the prospect of a 'Led Zeppelin' tourMensch confirmed that last fall, when singer Robert Plant made it known he was continuing his partnership with bluegrass artist Alison Krauss and had no intention of returning to Led Zeppelin, replacement vocalists were auditioned to possibly record and tour with Page, Jones and Bonham.

"They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," says Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."

When asked what new projects Jimmy Page was going to be involved with in 2009, Mensch said, "**** if I know. I'm waiting to hear."

#4491....

Posted : 13/01/2009 9:52 pm
Page 1 / 2