12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey guys

Havent really posted much but something exciting is coming up. A couple weeks ago I went on a mission trip to Mexico. It was very exciting being down there and helping people that are so poor they make the poor here in Norman seem rich. Seriously. We saw and treated 700 people for eye care. I also got to work with some children that are basically homeless. It was very touching.

I hate to say it but my thoughts were pretty selfish on the way down. I thought it might be a good get away to feel some new material to write about. But I came back simply not interested in writing. Atleast not for now.

However, when I got back I had a message in my inbox. It was in response to a craigslist ad I had posted quite a while ago while looking for a band. They were interested in someone to be a lead vocalist. I dont think they are very interested in a guitar player or song writer. I wasnt too interested at first but when I went out and heard their music samples I changed my mind. I am going to get to see the band perform tomorrow and I think next week or so, I will get to try out. I am really hoping this works out.

Hereis the bands website.
Hereis some samples of their music. I especially like "Victor"

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 22/03/2007 10:21 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good luck Jim! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/03/2007 12:08 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Jim

Like Dan said Good Luck!

I recently met a woman who helps arrange trips to Haiti for
the same type of relief work. The poverty in these places
in unbelievable.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 23/03/2007 12:46 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

They sound pretty good :D Good luck, break a leg and all that stuff. I can hear you singing with this group 8) ---ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 23/03/2007 1:45 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

go for it jim, you will do great 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 23/03/2007 2:13 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Cool! If you do it, will you give up your other projects?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 23/03/2007 9:36 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Cool! If you do it, will you give up your other projects?

Well, since you and I last wrote I have already given up some of my projects. But everything I am involved in right now are the core things I am interested in. Just got rid of the stuff that didnt fit in that mold.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 23/03/2007 10:08 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

But everything I am involved in right now are the core things I am interested in.

As it should be! :wink:

I assume you will ask the new group if there will be opportunities to share your songs with them. Hopefully they will be open to the idea (and why wouldn't they be?) And if they've got two guys playing electric, maybe you could add acoustic rhythm as well. Just thinking out loud ...

Hope it works out for you!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 23/03/2007 11:53 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The style of stuff I have written previous isnt really the same genre that they are so I dont think my old songs will work. For those I will look for solo opportunities to play (coffee shops, bookstores, etc) but they said that if everyone feel like it is a fit then I would be involved in writing too, just like the rest of them.

Man I am pumped.

Jim

Posted : 23/03/2007 12:50 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

jim,

i forgot to ask you, how your trip to nashville was? i know you didn't have time to
hang out 8)

Posted : 23/03/2007 1:04 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Rocker

Actually that was happening this coming week but I am not able to go. The opportunity to go to Mexico came up and I felt like that would be much more important than my Nashville trip. I didnt have enough vacation to do both.

Thanks for asking though. Still wanna get out there sometime for a weekend trip. We'll have to hook up then.

Jim

Posted : 23/03/2007 1:11 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

don't blame you a bit , i would like to go to mexico also 8)

Posted : 23/03/2007 1:40 pm