Clear all

My iPod Just Blew Up

25 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I don't these things are meant to last more than two years. Good thing they keep getting smaller. Less waste.

It's kind of scary that they use terms like "Planned Obsolescence" in engineering and design. But Jeff, you're right. They are pretty sturdy. I think its the nature of the beast. If you are writing and replacing data on a frequent basis, something's bound to happen. Drop it a few times and throw in a few spilled drinks and you've got a good chance of it blowing up.

Just before mine died, I was using it to figure out the chord progression of a song. So I would listen to a verse, pause, rewind, and start the process over again. I fried it. Hey wait.....I KILLED MY iPOD :shock:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:34 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I KILLED MY iPOD :shock:

I think you mean "iKilled my iPod"

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:49 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

iDid, iDid! Now, iHave to write a song about it.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 14/08/2008 3:04 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm thinking 12-bar in E. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 14/08/2008 3:44 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Probably should do it in A (pple) http://www.instantrimshot.com

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/08/2008 4:19 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Probably should do it in A (pple) http://www.instantrimshot.com

Good one. :lol:

<The crowd groans, un-able to hide nor admit appreciation .....>

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 14/08/2008 4:36 pm
(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

I have a black 8GB 2nd Generation Nano I'm looking to sell (I don't need it now that I have my iPhone). If you are interested in trading up from the shuffle. It is in good shape.

Posted : 14/08/2008 7:27 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I have a black 8GB 2nd Generation Nano I'm looking to sell (I don't need it now that I have my iPhone). If you are interested in trading up from the shuffle. It is in good shape.

Sure ting mon. As long as you accept the Blueline payment plan!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
May be interested. PM me and we'll take it offline.!

Posted : 14/08/2008 8:45 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

They do want their iPods to blow up. Nobody would buy a new one ever, if they didn't

Posted : 15/08/2008 1:07 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Be sure to consider a refurb from Apple themselves. You can get an 8 gig touch for 200 bucks. They all come with a 1 year warranty from Apple.

We got my daughter a 4 gig current gen nano on her birthday for $100. It works beautifully.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?sf=wHF2F2PHCCCX72KDY&nclm=Certified

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 15/08/2008 2:45 pm
Page 2 / 2