Notifications
Clear all

NEW ORLEANS & SOUTH LOUISIANA

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@goodsimon)
Topic starter

40 year old married educated man in Houma area seeking to start a band. I have been playing/studying guitar for the last 12 years and would love to experience playing in a band. I sang a little in hi school in a rock band(not that I can sing, I was the only one to know the words to all the songs) so I have almost no experience.

What I am looking for is the following

1. Other musicians WHO have never played in a band but have always wanted to
2. Favorite musical tastes includes the classic and acoustical rock or jam songs(allman Bros for example) from 60s, 70s, and select artist from 90s and today(no big hair 80s except a acoustical ballad or two)
3. Love the acoustical guitar, and just about any unplugged sounding song
4. Looking for lead and other rhythm guitarist, bass player, keyboardist, drummer, prefer horns player as well
5. need a place to practice
6. My musical influences are too many to list, but I love Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jams softer side, Eagles, CCR, Beatles, Stones, Clapton, Allman Bros, Van Morrison,Neil Young, Doobies, Rush, Buffett, the list goes on forever.

Goal is to take our musical skills to the next level, perform live, create a good cover band, perhaps wirte some original songs, and who knows one day rule the earth. Prefer musicains similar to me, intermiediates who are looking to play in their first band but have always been held back due to fear, family, children middle age or whatever. Please contact me at [email protected]

Posted : 30/01/2008 3:01 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

If I didn't live in Connecticut I'd join you. I'm pretty much in the same place as you. A few years older and I've only been playing about 5 years. Good luck in yor search I've been trying to do the same for awhile now and it's been tough getting going. The two biggest problems I've found is agreeing on what music to play (I like it on the loud electric side) and getting guys our age to commit, because of all the other stuff going on like kids, wifes, work etc.

Good luck though.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 31/01/2008 9:53 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Yeah, what Chris said. Good luck GSimon. I'm a little too far away myself.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 01/02/2008 1:20 am