Notifications
Clear all

Not guitar related, but....

23 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

ICT is "Information and Communication Technology". So basically, if it has a microchip in it, it's considered part of ICT.

Even your washing machine :lol:

Pete

Excellent news about the job Pete - congratulations.

Will you be offering Communication therapies at all? I have been attempting a small amp breeding program, but so far they don't seem to be communicating well, and no offspring have been produced. :( Is it just shyness? Incompatible circuitry? Are the 'cow' amps not yet ready to breed?

See how the young 'cow' amps huddle shyly together.. :?

I have a fine 'Bull' amp lined up, but they won't go near it... :(

The Bull

We never had this problem on the farm. Don't understand this modern technology lark... :?

Good luck with the job anyway.

Chris

Posted : 21/06/2007 7:32 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

So basically, if it has a microchip in it, it's considered part of ICT.
Pete
Congratulations on the job.
..................Now, as you're into embedded systems, we need to talk.....................I can sell you a really cutting-edge real-time software simulator for embedded systems...................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's really surprising how complex modern devices are - top end fridges have 7 or 8 microprocessors in them. The next generations of mobile phone will be dealing with datarates that make our DSL broadband connections seem like 1Kb dial-up modems by comparison - and have 4 or even 6 powerful processors in them for alll the multi media applications (whatever happened to just making a phone call?.....................)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 21/06/2007 10:25 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Good for you, Pete! You're very fortunate to have found a job like that. I know of some people that spent 4 (or more) years going to school for IT, and then when they get out are having a hard time even landing an entry level position. The IT market here in the US Midwest is saturated right now.

Best of luck to you!

Jim-Bone

Posted : 21/06/2007 12:43 pm
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Cheers everyone!

Chris C - perhaps the "cows" think that the little horse besides the Bull is his mate, and don't like to interfere? :lol: :lol:

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 21/06/2007 1:05 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Chris C - perhaps the "cows" think that the little horse besides the Bull is his mate, and don't like to interfere? :lol: :lol:

Pete

Hey you're right, darn it! It always pays to ask the guy with the qualifications. :D All that training is paying off already. 8)

Hope you have a great time at the job. I did a bit of de facto IT work at our local Primary School a few years ago (in a parent capacity, as they didn't have anybody on staff for a while). It was both interesting and enjoyable. It was a pleasant place to work. Don't forget to start brainwashing all those impressionable young minds by installing plenty of music software, desktop guitar pics etc... :wink:

Chris

Posted : 21/06/2007 1:26 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Whoops; didn't think about needing the whole "Universal translation" thing! :lol:

ICT is "Information and Communication Technology". So basically, if it has a microchip in it, it's considered part of ICT.

Pete

Is this your way of telling us your the new laundry man. :lol: j/k

Congrats on the new job and good luck. I'm in a similar field (although I cover a number of different sites and systems) and I love it. No two days the same.

Enjoy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 21/06/2007 3:47 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Congrats, Pete !

Hope you make a life for yourself. Good Luck for your future.

Rahul

Posted : 24/06/2007 4:01 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Way to go Pete! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 24/06/2007 5:57 pm
Page 2 / 2