Clear all

Rethinking my time here.

74 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
11.9 K Views
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I like this site and probably take for granted that there's no spam here and not a lot of arguments and nasty stuff going on. I actually never gave it a thought so I think that the mods do a good job behind the scenes. It's too bad that they had to delete a thread. I don't remember it being bad in any way but lI had lost track of it after a while and didn't follow it.

Posted : 16/07/2007 9:39 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I think all the Mods do a great job here, and there's nothing wrong with you chatting on your other site and coming back here for guitar playing advice,
then you have the best of both your worlds :D

Posted : 17/07/2007 2:48 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

"I'm too tired for fightin. I'd rather wear myself out with a smile.
Stay up late with some good bar stories and beat up time for while."

Edwin McCain

I've invested some time in reading all of the posts on this topic. Just to weigh in on things.. I love everyone. I've never heard a bad posting in Hear Here. Any band that you like is OK with me. :wink: These are my principles; if you don't like them, I have others.

In terms of the philosohy of this site, the people who visit it and post often; I will offer this: the optimists feel this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimists fear that this is so.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/07/2007 4:53 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I'm an optimist. I think things could always get worse. Probably will, too. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 17/07/2007 12:54 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'm a pessimist.....

Oh, man.....not again..... :cry: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/07/2007 1:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm an optimist. My glass is always half-full, never half-empty.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/07/2007 1:29 pm
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Vic

Much easier to refill when it's half full

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 17/07/2007 1:48 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back." ~Author Unknown

#4491....

Posted : 17/07/2007 2:34 pm
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Vic

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 17/07/2007 2:40 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Ok, so here's what I've learned about the collective Guitar Noise members philosophy on life, the site (are those two things different?) and their feelings about small fury animals. (Bish)

The optimists feel the glaas is half full.
The pessimists fell that it is half empty.
The rationalists feel that the glass is 2x too big than it needs to be.
The site is free until its not.
The site will be moderarted correctly, until its not.
The Bay City Rollers is the greatest band in the world.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/07/2007 3:23 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Ok, so here's what I've learned about the collective Guitar Noise members philosophy on life, the site (are those two things different?) and their feelings about small fury animals. (Bish)

The optimists feel the glaas is half full.
The pessimists fell that it is half empty.
The rationalists feel that the glass is 2x too big than it needs to be.
The site is free until its not.
The site will be moderarted correctly, until its not.
The Bay City Rollers is the greatest band in the world.
LOL, me thinketh the candle be burning a wee bit too close to the cranium. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/07/2007 4:31 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I think all the Mods do a great job here, and there's nothing wrong with you chatting on your other site and coming back here for guitar playing advice,
then you have the best of both your worlds :D

I think this says it all in very few words. +10 on that one...

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 17/07/2007 7:51 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I can't think of one time EVER that I've read a comment that something just wasn't that good...and beleive me I've heard some. Just curious why that is.

Man, then you missed the beating I took quite a few months back. I asked for it.. and lemme tell ya.. I got it. But I dont think most people are looking for genuine comments. Stelubos is great for giving a real opinion without just being crappy about it. I really appreciate him.

I dont think there is much need in just saying... Your music taste sux.

Not picking on you Cnev though. I think your been very cordial with your dissent. LOL or then again maybe I am just being PC too.. LOLOL

Personally, I like the "stickness" of GN. There are plenty sites out there to bash each other. I dont find it fun or interesting. When I need a REAL opinion I know who to ask here at GN. When I want my wounds licked, I also know who to ask. But I love the regulars here and that even goes for the ones that I rarely agree with.. which is few and far between for me. Anywho.. thats my two cents.

Havent posted in quite a while.. thought I would get in on this one.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 23/07/2007 3:02 am
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I don't have time to read ALL of the posts on this thread. But, it seems like there are some who like the mods & civil tone and some who want to mix it up some more. Perhaps another topic on the main menu could be something like "unmoderated" and whomever enters there should be warned that it may get a little nasty. Leave the rest of the board as-is. Just a thought....

Posted : 23/07/2007 4:07 am
Page 5 / 5