Riverside Jam 2010

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
11.1 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wish I could afford to be there, but I'll be with you all in spirit - have a great time, y'all!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/07/2010 9:02 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Maybe you can create a guitar backing track for them and they can jam over it.

That way your music will actually be there in the RJ 2010! 8)

Posted : 17/07/2010 9:15 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Here is the splash site: http://www.riversidejamband.com

Anyone going to come to either show? (not the performers, I know who you are)

Posted : 18/07/2010 12:27 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

No way I can make it there. But I hope its a hoot for everyone! Laz, I assume you will be a participant?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 18/07/2010 8:32 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

No way I can make it there. But I hope its a hoot for everyone! Laz, I assume you will be a participant?

We are hosting this year.

And Northern NJ isn't that far when compared to Chicago or Liverpool. Same for the Jersey Shore (hint hint).

Posted : 18/07/2010 11:43 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Hmmm. I just looked it up on the map. You're right! Its not that far of a drive for me! :D
I might be inclined to make my way over there. Would I be able to participate? (I'd bring my guitar either way!) If so, do I need to sign up somewheres?

PS. How does Vic know about this and I do not? :oops:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/07/2010 1:53 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Best of luck with the show. I was quite excited for a second until I realized it said "PA" and not ..Chester "VA". :(

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/07/2010 8:34 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Hmmm. I just looked it up on the map. You're right! Its not that far of a drive for me! :D
I might be inclined to make my way over there. Would I be able to participate? (I'd bring my guitar either way!) If so, do I need to sign up somewheres?

PS. How does Vic know about this and I do not? :oops:

Vic knows everything!

The performance roster is set - there are going to be about 25 musicians. Each jam grows from the previous year, adding new people that have played together at one time or another. It's really not possible to add new players at this late date (less than 2 weeks to the show!).

It would be great to see you there.

Posted : 19/07/2010 11:40 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Hmmmph. I'll be vacationing in that general area in mid August...

Missed it by thaaat much

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 19/07/2010 12:32 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

No problem Laz! I understand that the roster is set. I will make the show though! Sounds like it will be a great night! And you're right. Vic DOES know everything. He is my god, my religion and my patron saint of the six string. :lol:

Posted : 19/07/2010 10:45 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vic DOES know everything.

Nah....Nick, DH and Noteboat taught me everything I know - unfortunately, they haven't taught me everything THEY know yet.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/07/2010 12:43 am
(@davidhodge)

I haven't even taught myself everything I know yet! Do come to a show, Blueline! It'd be great to meet you in person.

Peace

Posted : 20/07/2010 1:02 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hope someone's taking a videocam - or several someones are taking digicams with lots of memory!

Vic

Posted : 20/07/2010 1:52 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

*bump*

Anyone thinking of dropping by?

Posted : 28/07/2010 7:54 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Scrybe is in the house!

Our house...

Posted : 28/07/2010 10:02 pm
Page 1 / 2